Poor Mans Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Doing good.

IMG-2174.jpg

Chuck

I looked at brisket $$ today.
Said CHUCK IT

Smoked chuck tomorrow.

Used chupacabra brisket rub.
View attachment 657809

Not too much, you want some smoke to penetrate it.
View attachment 657810

Zip it and fridge.
Bronco tomorrow with hickory.
View attachment 657811
The title is so funny to me hahaha :D
I find chuck is almost always more expensive here in TX than brisket is.
Funny how different the world can be sometimes :D

Anyhow, a good smoked chuck taste fantastic and almost indistinguishable from a smoked brisket in many cases from my experience. Main difference is less fat and can dry up more easily than a whole packer.

Saw the pics in your last post, lookin good! :)

That's the shot I've been waiting for. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks awesome Rick and I'm another that would rather buy chuckies than briskets

WFF is a little pricey for me on plain cuts of beef. I just watch Publix for a sale.
Family size varies from 2-4 depending on when the kids visit. I get far better usage from 3# of chuck than the 15#er brisket and the 2# of fat trim.
Plus it fits in my Jumbo Joe for a smoke bath before heading to the oven to finish
Just checked my Publix... chuck roast is on sale for $3 off per lb, still 50 cents more per pound than WFF! Publix in our area (suburban Orlando) is unreal. The only things we go there for are pharmacy and bakery for fresh hamburger buns.

WFF it is. Going to try and cook the chuck like a baby brisket on Monday.

Thats chucking awesome! I too am a fan of the spirit of the chuck and love the art of chuckinomics!

Just checked my Publix... chuck roast is on sale for $3 off per lb, still 50 cents more per pound than WFF! Publix in our area (suburban Orlando) is unreal. The only things we go there for are pharmacy and bakery for fresh hamburger buns.
I'm in 4 Corners (So Clermont). Not worth the drive to WFF for 50¢ and I want to pick out my meat.
Two 2 Publix 5 minutes away. Wish Winn Dixie was closer. Those are the only 2 stores I will purchase meat and only on sale. Publix bakeries and delis are top notch.

Reactions: mcokevin
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky