Polish Pickle Soup...with Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
About the only thing I can add is...Thanks Joe!
That is a great looking pot of soup Ryan!! I'd eat a bucket full of it in a NY minute. There is no question that xray xray is a veritable wealth of info where soups are concerned. Several years ago he and I shared a ton of soup recipes back and forth over Winter than we started swapping salad recipes in the Spring. Been a ton of great stuff pass back and forth between us...and that is part of what makes this forum so great. Fantastic that you were able to take advantage of his recipe and make something truly superb with it. Great job sir!!

Robert

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Great looking soup. I forwarded this to my wife as she loves pickles. We might have to try it out.

And the added sub-forums are great. Sent her that also. Shes already going through it for ideas.
Jim

Looks good. I still haven't gotten around to making this.
Thank you Steve! We get so busy and the to do list never gets any smaller...I think I saw this by accident looking for something else and decided it was time! Not to mention all the shopping we have to do to try and keep up with the enablers!

Ryan

Great soup Ryan and you did good by Joe

And the cheese on top is like gravy on potatoes, lol

I can see me trying this ,BUT I am not a fan of dill pickles but I do love sweet.
So i might try this with my bread and butter brine and my mustard pickles,

sounds weird but what the hay. I've made weird food before

David
Thanks David, I appreciate it! Yep, put your own twist on it...sure you'll come up with something good!

Looks great Ryan !
Thank you Rich! Definitely great weather for soup still!

Looks great Ryan !
Thanks Charles! It was tasty!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks and sounds great!

Never heard of pickle soup until seeing this thread.
Thank you Norman! I believe it's just what the Dr. Ordered! I hadn't heard of it till I saw Joe make it...the pictures do help!

Great looking soup. I forwarded this to my wife as she loves pickles. We might have to try it out.

And the added sub-forums are great. Sent her that also. Shes already going through it for ideas.
Jim
Thanks Jim! Yes, just what we need...more things for the to do list! Lol

great looking soup, sounds delicious!
Thanks tbern, I appreciate it!

Ryan

That is a great looking pot of soup Ryan!! I'd eat a bucket full of it in a NY minute. There is no question that xray xray is a veritable wealth of info where soups are concerned. Several years ago he and I shared a ton of soup recipes back and forth over Winter than we started swapping salad recipes in the Spring. Been a ton of great stuff pass back and forth between us...and that is part of what makes this forum so great. Fantastic that you were able to take advantage of his recipe and make something truly superb with it. Great job sir!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! Forum is definitely a great place for new ideas! Old or new. Or as you say, swapping recipes and tweaking to your tastes if needed.

Ryan

You had me at pickle...
tenor (1).gif

• Haha
Reactions: Buckeyedude
Looks so tasty! Used to work with polish guy and he mentioned pickle soup numerous times and how good it is.I ment to but never made it before. Thanks for giving me a nudge in the right direction.

Looks so tasty! Used to work with polish guy and he mentioned pickle soup numerous times and how good it is.I ment to but never made it before. Thanks for giving me a nudge in the right direction.
I'm just helping in the nudge line... I got it from Joe, xray xray I believe it was! It was good!

Ryan

Reactions: xray
Not sure how this one snuck past me Ryan, but it looks real tasty! We love pickles around here! Nice job buddy!
Thanks Justin, I appreciate it! Some days it's easy to miss posts! We really liked it!

Ryan

This soup is due to the courtesy of Joe, xray xray ! I seemed to have missed the soup that @jcam222 made similar to this only keto style... and Jeff, yours looked delicious...but can't compete with your gorgeous pics you take!
I will say I followed Joe's recipe almost exactly so if I miss something go look at his thread.
First his recipe, and yes I'm lazy and slow typer so you get a screenshot

View attachment 653546

Didn't take a pic but started by mixing 1/4 cup flour with 1/4 cup pickle juice, then add 1 cup sour cream and set aside till later.
Got all the ingredients prepped, the mixture of flour, pickle juice and sour cream is in center.

View attachment 653547

Melted the butter then added carrots and onions into pot till tender

View attachment 653548

Add pickles and cook a few minutes

View attachment 653549

Then added chicken broth and potatoes...cook till tender. Then reduce heat and add flour, pickle juice, and sour cream mixture. Along with the 1.5 tsp Old Bay seasoning, black pepper. I withheld the cayenne pepper, I wanted my wife to enjoy it and not be too hot for her. Also, I only added 3/4 cup of pickle juice instead of 1 cup...figured I could always add more.

View attachment 653551

This was kinda spur of the moment soup but it couldn't have worked out better on timing...just so happened my wife came home with a loaf of bread given to her at work that day

View attachment 653552

Time for some garlic toast in the oven!

View attachment 653553

I tried the soup just like this to begin with...

View attachment 653554

Then I felt I wanted to try it with cheese!

View attachment 653555

That was sure a tasty batch of soup! Was a great meal for a cold snowy night!
About the only thing I can add is...Thanks Joe! My wife didn't take much convincing and she liked it. Will definitely be made again!

One more thing...I really like the new soups group...makes finding them very easy without adding them to my endless bookmarks...which this soup was at, just down aways!

Take care!
Ryan
Looks great! Putting this on my to do list.

Thank you Bill, it's really good stuff!

Ryan

Don't know how I missed this Ryan but man that soup looks mighty tasty !
And just what you need to warm ypur inards on a cold day😁!

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky