Point vs. Flat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In Charlotte, Costco sells quality meat but I'm disappointed with the small cuts of flat that they sell. The flat incredibly thin (and flat) with a huge price attached to it. There are a few butchers in town but what they're asking for a brisket is a crime. I called one so-called specialty butcher shop and was told that the briskets are $2.99 a pound. I get there adn it was more like $6.99 a pound. I'm not accusing the shop of lying in order to make a sale but the difference of $4.00 a pound is to much money to experiment with.
I'm in Charlotte as well, North Charlotte to be exact, and I see whole packers all the time. I usually see them at Harris Teeter, Wal-Mart, and Sams Club, and it's usually about $3.99/lb.

Was looking at the Publix ad today in the newspaper.  Usually they are high on briskets...$6.99 per pound (would rather have a tri-tip for that cost) and this week they have them listed for $4.99 per pound.  They have some that are whole....and are above $75..00 for one...and other wise have flats.

I prefer the bone-in butts....had 2 boneless ones go over 20 hours on me once...and never again.  
biggrin.gif

Kat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky