Please help! Too much Prague Powder??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camel1980

Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
I got some bacon making advice from a friend, but it wasn't very specific. I got a couple of tablespoons of Prague powder from my butcher, and rubbed all of it on my 2 kg pork belly, skin on, with 3 tablespoons of sugar. Now I've been reading online about how it needs to be very specific ratios and I'm afraid I've ruined it! What can I do? I put it on about 10 hours ago, it's in the fridge wrapped in plastic.

thank you to anyone who can help!!

Even if I soak it? What a waste. I feel like such a heel. No way to rescue this bacon?

dont feel bad, that is what these guys do best. tons of knowledge, tons of help.

this is one of the best forums out there for smoking. if you every question somthing

or need somthing clearified. stop in someone will be able to direct you like  fpnmf did with a link

or they will have personal experience to lend you.

Don't feel bad. We all make mistakes...just be glad you checked in here. Don't try to save it. Nitrite is tricky stuff and is toxic above recommended levels. But without it we would not have some of our favorite meats...Pastrami, for example.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky