Playing in the Smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Trying a new cure for turkey and ran a batch of smoked carne seca. I’m ready for Smokehouse season.

4572D491-6217-4441-818F-ED8F82217C43.jpeg

Looks good! I'm not ready for winter yet, but the cooler weather definitely means it's time to kick sausage making in high gear. Since I process in an area without AC, hot weather makes it tough to keep things as cool as I'd like.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Looks really good on my screen Edge, Mornings around here have been upper 20s with a good frost burrrrrrr.

Point for sure
Chris

WOW! That looks outstanding. Nothing like some good smoked turkey. A bit of a long process but well worth it...and that's what we do to make the best food a person can eat :emoji_wink: Very well done and some great looking turkey.

Robert

Thank you all for the reply’s.
Dave’s ham injection makes the best city ham I’ve ever made or tasted. I’ve used it in turkey before and while good it tends to over power the turkey and is just a bit too rich for my taste. This time I used his injection but cut the veggie broth back to 5% and added 5% distilled water for liquid and I deleted the phosphate. The results were really fantastic. Rich meat with a hammy taste but still turkey. These pieces were natural with no solution added. So nice to fire up the smokehouse again. I’ve got 40# of pork belly with a date with dry rub and smoke. So it begins another year of TBS.

Have you made this yourself?
I ask as I look at buying a cold smoking box but then I see this. I work in a builders merchants so materials are fairly cheap for me.
So I am not thinking of building one.
Yes I made this smoker in place. It is 3’ x 3’ x 7’ It’s a big smoker that will run 150 pounds of meat at a time if I need it to.

1D72D13A-27FF-46D1-8E40-52A409B7D094.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky