Plant-Based Meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No, don't insult it, it is merely evolution, like going from carcass to gas-injected vacuum sub-primal cuts in box beef.

No, it's not like the changes in processing and packaging of beef and other meats.

Some of this stuff barely qualifies as vegetable matter.
More like lab produced proteins originally derived from plants.

And we've people in positions of government talking about how they're going to literally cram this crap down our throats.

No thank you, F that.

If I want veggies then I'll eat veggies but when I want a steak or burger I want it from a cow when I want a ham it comes from a pig. Guess it's really time to get to raising our own there may only be the fake stuff in the future.

And I'll say this.
If you're an investor, invest in these companies.
Those in political power talking about how they'll force this on the population, follow their money.
They're invested in it too.

I'll not go into their Insider Trading and manipulation of the Stock Markets and other things.

If I want veggies then I'll eat veggies but when I want a steak or burger I want it from a cow when I want a ham it comes from a pig. Guess it's really time to get to raising our own there may only be the fake stuff in the future.
Just be prepared to be fined... Taxed... Fifty different ways for your audaciousness and your livestock's greenhouse emissions.

Pops found the article interesting and it may be the coming way. But I don't think I will be on their band wagon. Beef is beef and pork is pork as is chicken is chicken, If I want veggies I will eat veggies which I'm not fond of.
The part of political involvement is very true that's how Smithfield is even in business today counting all the violations against that company. Think I'm wrong here do a research on Smithfield and see. Why because of the money they put behind their man in congress.

Warren

Reactions: chilerelleno
Last edited:
Smithfield is owned by the Chinese......

Buying plant based meat is akin to buying plant based butter... MARGARINE ....
Why would anyone switch from the real product to a fake product... Especially since the article is from the fake news network that lies all the time...

+1 After all, eating that stuff will turn em into zombies and we can start getting rid of them :emoji_laughing:

Seriously, tho I don't mind. Have already tried it and it's not that bad. Not gonna turn me into vegan tho. It's hilarious, the stuff is no where near as healthy as people think (wife included). Impossible Whopper has only 30 calories less than the real deal. :emoji_laughing: If it had half the calories and half the price I could be up for it.

I predict cannabis to bigger than plant based meat so that's where my $ is at.

I watched a guy on TV a couple weeks ago compare one of the new plant based burgers to a beef burger. it was a riot. he was like "the texture is kinda mushy and yada yada yada." then they compared ingredients. Beef burger - 1 = beef. plant based was like 18! long list of s**t. I was LMAO!

why do people who dont eat meat want products that look and taste like meat - makes no sense. if you dont like it - why do you want your food to look and taste like it...jssayin...

Reactions: 2008RN
Anything made from a plant or grown in a petri dish is NOT meat to me. I live in Missouri and thete is quite a battle brewing at present with a company suing to use the word "Meat" on the label of plant based foods. Thank God our politicians are not going along with it.......yet, anyway. I have no doubt that at some point, the money will start flowing into their campain funds from lobbyists for the "New and improved meat" companies.
I can't help but wonder if this new technology won't be discovered to be harmful to us later down the road like this vaping fiasco is now found to be sickening and killing folks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky