Plans trashed; another victim of COVID

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
I cannot find words to express my level of disappointment today. I was scheduled to start my 250 gallon RF cooker project on Saturday.

I have been waiting for months for shop time to get this started. I finally got shop time this Saturday and the whole thing gets shut down because of the COVID pandemic.

Don't get me wrong, this pandemic is a monster and I don't want to risk myself or anyone else's health for my personal gain. The downfall is I may not get shop time again for this until late spring. >_< Really throws a monkey wrench into my BBQ plans for 2021.

COVID, COVID go away and don't come back no other day!

Sorry to hear this... Real bummer. COVID has wreaked havoc on so many areas of our lives. Vaccines look optimistic and hopefully we can get back to doing what we want when we want. till then, just try not to get it.

stay safe!

Reactions: JC in GB
2020 will definitely be a year to forget (pretty easy at my age ... LOL).

Do hope you can get started on the project before spring. Are you "renting" shop/equipment time or are others doing the work for you? Just curious. When time comes, don't forget pics.

Beginning Monday, we are once again working remote. Maybe I would be better off just signing the retirement papers.

That sucks JC. Better safe than sorry though.

Company just delivered my new laptop and we are heading remote here in the near future as well. Stay safe out there.

That sucks JC. Better safe than sorry though.

Company just delivered my new laptop and we are heading remote here in the near future as well. Stay safe out there.

Right you are. I know this is the better choice for safety and I can live with that. Just sucks as I have been waiting for what seems to be an eternity to start this project. Now it will never be done in time for spring cooking. I will just have to roll with it.

Enjoy the new laptop.....

Thanks for your empathy.

JC :emoji_cat:

2020 will definitely be a year to forget (pretty easy at my age ... LOL).

Do hope you can get started on the project before spring. Are you "renting" shop/equipment time or are others doing the work for you? Just curious. When time comes, don't forget pics.

Beginning Monday, we are once again working remote. Maybe I would be better off just signing the retirement papers.

I am getting shop time free in between jobs. It is a great deal for me but the timing is a PITA... :)

Sorry man. Thats no good. Anything you can start on without the shop?

It will move my sausage curing chamber project up. As soon as I get the parts in that build will be happening.

I just like to always be busy. Planning, building, or BBQing....

Sorry to hear JC. This year has sure been bittersweet. I have to remind myself at times that at least I’m making it through it so far.

Sorry to hear JC. This has been the worst year ever, and it can't end soon enough. My wife working from home since March, just got extended until March 2021. Better safe than sorry, hoping and praying these recent breakthroughs are for real. Glad you still have other projects to do. Stay safe.

Sorry to hear that JC !!
But at least at your age, all you have to do is make it through this Terrible Time, and you'll have plenty of years for fun.
So far there's more than 250,000 Americans who won't have any more Springs to look forward to.
Kinda reminds me of how we used to check the days off the Calendar in Vietnam for when we were scheduled to rotate home, and just trying to stay alive long enough for it to happen.
Getting through this Pandemic has it's similarities. Big difference is this Pandemic has already killed 4 times as Many Americans as the Vietnam War did!!!

Bear

Last edited:
It’s terrible, all our future plans are gone too.

We are in total lockdown and we have had had only a handful of deaths. I watched NBC last night am I feel frightened and concerned for you guys in the US, no one seems to care - mass gatherings with no masks, seems totally out of control with zero leadership.

everyone here is wearing masks wether mandatory or not.

As others have alluded, I’ve long ago adjusted my expectations and goals for 2020 for everyone to just wake up on the right side of the grass ... more than that is just icing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky