Planked Mackerel & Pinot Grigio!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Having been gifted some lovely fresh mackerel that I am having a ball with (see fish section for fabulous smoked treasures from this pile), I did plank a few of the smaller ones today and such was beautiful!

Cutting open a husked coconut, taking that juice & "putting the lime in the coconut & mixing it all together" (to be sung) I soaked the mackerel in that briefly, added red Hawaiian sea salt to a cedar soaked plank and grilled that for 30 minutes.

The result was soft and just beautiful! But I adore the SMOKED mackerel better and the smoky SKIN!

The star of the show here today though, was planked elephant garlic and planked tomato! I will do those again and add to a Caprese or to pasta for some edge!

In any event, again a big thank you to our Captain Randy for the wonderful fish, and thank you all for sharing in my lunch!

Paired with a quick pick Pinot Grigio (Calappiano) from our grocery store, yet still dry and well made.

Happy weekend!!!!! Cheers! - Leah

Reactions: gary s
Nice Job, You and Bear just keep setting the bar higher and higher       
points1.png

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky