Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
I've done this on the grill a number of times. Methinks tonights was the best.

We bought premade dough at grocery store and got it out of the fridge about an hour before cooking.

I rolled it out and while I crumbled and then browned up some italian sausage, my wife topped the pizza with chopped up olives, green onions, sweet pepper and mushrooms. She chopped up several slices of cooked bacon and then I added the cooked sausage meat

She used "mexican mozzarela" on top.

Before topping the pizza, I started a full chimney of charcoal and set a 1/2 a chimney ready to go. I put about 2 handfuls of hickory oak chips into the smoker box.

The cold coals were put down in a circle and then hot on top. THe box with wood chips was in the middle.

The pizza was assembled on a pizza stone and then placed on the grill.

Lots of smoke.

After 1/2 hour I checked and all done.

Very tasty.

Attachments

• Resized_20191020_175615.jpeg
    Resized_20191020_175615.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Resized_20191020_183726.jpeg
    Resized_20191020_183726.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
A little side note: Pizza is my 20 year old daughter's FAVORITE food.
We list out what we plan on cooking for the week and try and confuse her when pizza is on the menu. UNfortunately she caught on so when something cryptic gets posted, she assumes it is pizza.

Pizza looks great. I'm a huge fan of lots of meat, which apparently you are also, but that cheese....OMG, that looked like a pound of cheese. That's what really set it over the top for me.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky