Pizza Sauce Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I prefer uncooked, so here's the one I've been using for a few years...it's not heavy and compliments the toppings rather than competing with them (IMO, anyway!):

1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, UNDRAINED (good quality...don't skimp with the toms)
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp fennel, crushed
1/2 tsp garlic salt
pinch of crushed red pepper

Blend all ingredients...taste and adjust spices if needed.
Refrigerate overnight before using.

Making your own pizza sauce can really take your homemade pizzas to the next level. Here's a simple and delicious recipe you can try:
1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir to combine.
Simmer the sauce for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.

If I jam this thread just lmk or delete
Not my intention

Can we toss any simple dough recipes , even gluten and gluten free
I ask for my daughter who now has a gluten issue and can't eat almonds (flour)
Tough for her sometimes
She uses rice flour if gluten free, hard to work with sometimes

This site is a great time!
Don

Been awhile since i got into making pies but recently picked up Calabrian oregano which is supposedly a used and the secret ingredient for NY style sauce. Will try and update when I run some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky