Pizza oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Hey all, this is driving me crazy. My wife has been hinting that she would like a pizza oven. Preferably one that can used indoors. I've found some nice gas ones for outside use.
But, nothing I've seen trips my trigger on a indoor electric one. So, if anyone can recommend one that cooks a pizza as close to a take out joint as possible for sub 500.00 range I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

Thanks. I saw that one. It is not designed to cook pizzas. Just finish them.

Sorry about that Steve. I didn't read the whole advertisement and wasn't sure what they meant by finish pizzas. Allot of pizza joints around here have moved to the conveyor type ovens instead of the more traditional ovens.

Chris

Reactions: Steve H
Steve...for some reason my browser is giving me a fit right now. I'm not sure they are gonna have what you're looking for but check out the Lynx products. They have a large variety of offerings but are geared more toward outdoor but may have something along the lines of what you're looking for. You can also look for restaurant liquidation auctions/sales in your area. I know it's not much help but hopefully it'll give you a couple places to continue the searh

Robert

What's wrong with a normal oven? My wife makes absolutely incredible pizzas, they are my favorite. She buys the dough, she makes the sauce, shreds the cheese...
She does use the convection bake feature on the oven... but it beats delivery every time.

What's wrong with a normal oven? My wife makes absolutely incredible pizzas, they are my favorite. She buys the dough, she makes the sauce, shreds the cheese...
She does use the convection bake feature on the oven... but it beats delivery every time.
For me? Nothing. You want to question my wife. Then be my guest!

Preferably one that can used indoors. I've found some nice gas ones for outside use.
I am going to be a little contrarian here. I would not be afraid to use an "outdoor" gas pizza oven inside the house provided you did so with a little common sense, like not put it next to a combustible surface, not run it for hours at a time and make sure the area is vented. Set it on top of the cooktop and use the vent fan. Do not store the gas bottle inside. After all, a great many houses have propane gas cooktops (I do) and they don't generally burn down houses or kill people.

Last edited:
I convinced her that a gas fired pizza oven would be much then anything electric. So, I'm probably going with the Ooni. It can also cook other things as well. 930 degrees, and can do a thin crust 16" pizza in 60 seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB05615
I am going to be a little contrarian here. I would not be afraid to use an "outdoor" gas pizza oven inside the house provided you did so with a little common sense, like not put it next to a combustible surface, not run it for hours at a time and make sure the area is vented. Set it on top of the cooktop and use the vent fan. Do not store the gas bottle inside. After all, a great many houses have propane gas cooktops (I do) and they don't generally burn down houses or kill people.

I was thinking that as well. I could put the Ooni on the stove stop with no problems I'd bet.

This Chinese Oven is found sold by different names. This VEVOR has some good Amazon ratings other than folks that received broken stones or don't know how to use their phone to get °C to °F conversions. I can't find a Video review with anyone making pizza.
There is always the Breville Pizzaiolo but at $800 it may be more than you wish to spend. America's Test Kitchen liked it!...JJ

Or, Twice the Fun for $80 more!

I'm looking at this one. Though it is outside only though.

I have been researching that Ooni for awhile. I have not seen anything really negative. At this point, that Oven is on my list, after a new Smoker...JJ

Why just not gat a kettle pizza oven insert for a Weber grill. It’s all wood fired & gets to 700-800 degrees. Not to expensive, but of course you’d have to use it outside. We have one & it makes the best pizza I have ever had.
Al

Reactions: Hawging It
Why just not gat a kettle pizza oven insert for a Weber grill. It’s all wood fired & gets to 700-800 degrees. Not to expensive, but of course you’d have to use it outside. We have one & it makes the best pizza I have ever had.
Al

I was thinking that too. But, I don't have a weber grill that takes that. Just my little smoker Joe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky