Pizza Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I asked Robert about this but thought would just throw it out there. I want to use that Cast Iron Pan I got. I am trying to figure out what to use. I was thinking of the pizzakettle but never tried with CI and that thing not the easiest to use. Last pizza I burned and went into the trash but that pan could help. Could use the pellet pooper or just use grill like Robert did. I only do pizza once in a blue moon so don't want to mess this up.

Reactions: JLeonard
Here is an alternative I use all the time. . .Use your gas grill.

John

Reactions: bauchjw and chopsaw
I'd just use the oven then Brian, make extra dough and try cooking one with just sauce and cheese as a test run.

1646491567804.png

I'd just use the oven then Brian, make extra dough and try cooking one with just sauce and cheese as a test run.
Good advice . I did a cheese only pizza as a test once . One of the best pizzas I ever ate .

I want to use that Cast Iron Pan I got.
What ever you cook with , I always heat the cast iron up before hand . In the oven an hour before cook time .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Good advice . I did a cheese only pizza as a test once . One of the best pizzas I ever ate .

What ever you cook with , I always heat the cast iron up before hand . In the oven an hour before cook time .
I thought about it but the dough I use has to be pressed and spread in the pan and I didn't want burned fingers.
I just allow a few minutes extra bake time. Works fine.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Could use the pellet pooper or just use grill like Robert did.

The grill is the only thing I've used for cooking pizzas for years now. It just seems to do a really good job.

Use your gas grill.

See Brian?? :emoji_wink:

I thought about it but the dough I use has to be pressed and spread in the pan and I didn't want burned fingers.

Yep, that's exactly why I can't / won't preheat the pizza pan. Even rolling the dough out fairly close to the size of the pan, it takes a few minutes to get it all evened out and pressed into the pan. I'd torch myself if I preheated the thing.

Robert

Instead of preheating the pan, I will press out the dough in the pan, let it rise then place on the burner on high for about 3 min then toss into the oven. Works all of the time.

Well, it looks to me like pizza making is more of an art than a science and like most artists, everyone has a method and style.
It's all good :emoji_sunglasses:

Well, it looks to me like pizza making is more of an art than a science and like most artists, everyone has a method and style.
It's all good :emoji_sunglasses:
I dont make enough to get good at. I decided on tx smoker tx smoker method. I just using Trader Joe Dough that I bought. Robert if read this soon do you Grease your CI? I actually have my Aged Dried Ribeye ready to slice but doing pizza instead!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky