Pig leg time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

david what

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 23, 2015
DFW TX.
The local hispanic store runs sales on pig legs every few weeks so i bought a couple yesterday @ .78#.
These are bone in, skin on. I then have them cut in half, hip to ankle, so I have 2 pieces about 10# each.
With a sharp knife, remive the skin, wash and then i place in a bag with cheap italian dressing to marinate.
I plan to smoke them at 225 for about 12 hours, or an IT of 200. Pulled pork here we come.
BTW, I'm using a MES 30 analog i bought a month ago, and have already done 6 of these. I will update as we go along.

DW, I'm in , looks scrumptious !
popcorn.gif

If you're in the DFW area of TX, Crazy Moon,swing by tomorrow night and try some

Travisty, will do.
Check out some of the Hispanic stores in you area if you have them. They carry some interesting stuff.

Travisty, will do.
Check out some of the Hispanic stores in you area if you have them. They carry some interesting stuff.

Yeah, I used to go to those a lot for good stuff but hadn't had one around me for some time, just noticed today in fact that one went in just a few blocks down the road. We will check it out soon, I'd love to do a full leg, so I'm glad to see you use the same smoker as me!

Lol. Well depending on exactly where in east Texas. TX you start from its a little farther. From my house in Fort Worth ,TX to Macungie, its 1,486 miles.
About the same amount of time my smoke today may take :-)

Lol. Well depending on exactly where in east Texas. TX you start from its a little farther. From my house in Fort Worth ,TX to Macungie, its 1,486 miles.
About the same amount of time my smoke today may take :-)
LOL---I always kid around with "GaryS" from the real "East Texas" that "Northern" East Texas is right down the road from my house.

I know when I drove from here to Ft Hood (Not East Texas), and back it was 1,735 miles, and it took me 23 1/2 hours on the trip home, and the worst roads were in PA.

BTW: Are those Legs done yet??

Bear

Did you know it's farther from texarkana to el paso than it is from Texarkana to Chicago?
Small leg on middle rack is at 190, larger one on top rack is 186
Guessing about 3 more hours

Did you know it's farther from texarkana to el paso than it is from Texarkana to Chicago?
Small leg on middle rack is at 190, larger one on top rack is 186
Guessing about 3 more hours
I'm starting to smell it now!!!

No I didn't know that, but I can surely believe it. Big State!!

Bear

Oh Yeah!!
icon14.gif

That's some nice Pulled Pork!!
drool.gif
---------------------
points.gif

Great Sammies coming your way!!
drool.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky