PID fantastic

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okiecat

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
SW Oklahoma
Hello to all, Got to try out my new MES 40 with Auber PID today I got this rig to make sausage and with a ton of help from "tallbm and dr k" I got it all working. And working is an understatement. Stuffed up 25# of summer sausage this morn. Fired up the mes and pid. That thing went right to 105 is minutes and never moved till the second stage at 135, Climbed right up there and stuck like glue for 2hrs. Then went to 155 for 1hr. Last stage is 175 and its still running but it never moved off 175, been on for 5hrs . Sausage is getting really close. Have 2 probes in one at 156 and 152. So I'm going to leave it on for another 30 min. Once again thanks to all Im loving it!!!

Reactions: wbf610
14 sticks

Attachments

• 3E91E323-39F7-44A4-B532-9DB0A83640DF.jpeg
    3E91E323-39F7-44A4-B532-9DB0A83640DF.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 45
Hello to all, Got to try out my new MES 40 with Auber PID today I got this rig to make sausage and with a ton of help from "tallbm and dr k" I got it all working. And working is an understatement. Stuffed up 25# of summer sausage this morn. Fired up the mes and pid. That thing went right to 105 is minutes and never moved till the second stage at 135, Climbed right up there and stuck like glue for 2hrs. Then went to 155 for 1hr. Last stage is 175 and its still running but it never moved off 175, been on for 5hrs . Sausage is getting really close. Have 2 probes in one at 156 and 152. So I'm going to leave it on for another 30 min. Once again thanks to all Im loving it!!!

Congrats!!!

Holy cow you skipped right to loading it up for the maiden voyage hahaha.
I'm glad everything is working out so well. It is amazing how much of an improvement over temp control the simple rewire an an Auber Plug and Play PID make things.

You now have no limitations on what you can smoke other than exceeding the rollout limit switch temp thresholed
Sausage, bacon, no heat cold smokes, they are all yours to be had!

I'm glad it all worked out. Enjoy!

Great! Did you auto tune or just use it right out of the box? The WS-1510ELPM default setting Is P=7, I=600 and D=150. If you hot smoke, you may have to play with it to get the parameters that work for you.

Very nice. When someone gave a broken MES40 to me, with a dead controller, I decided to try an Auber PID and never looked back. Works like a charm. Congrats to your conversion as well.

Right out of the box the dual probe Auber allowed my Bradley OBS make the best smoked salmon - it automatically ups the temperature in steps avoiding the formation of the surface fat (sometimes called "boogers") so the meat retains all the rich goodness the fat provides. You can also use the Auber to control any analog electric devices - I have an old Big Chief that it controls marvelously to make perfect beef jerky, and would even control an analog crock pot to improvise a sous vide cooker.

Thanks to all, I used it straight out of box, thought about auto tune but as I kept watching it. It never varied. Im not going to mess with it. I am still upset or can't trust my Maverick probes. I have two of these things and 2 days ago, I done the boiling water test on all 4 probes. For the most part they all went to 212, buy 1 got there faster and 1 got there a lot slower. Then I have the maverick portable pen probe, I flipped it out and it went to 230 is seconds. Had same trouble with the smoke yesterday. Im ready to go to something better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky