Pictures of inside a offet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kdfiter

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 21, 2016
Wi
So I've built a few reverse flows already ..but I'm thinking of building just a normal offset ..I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the bottom of the tank for catching grease ..is everyone just putting a drain in or are you installing some sort of trough to catch the grease ..on big cooks I'm worried about grease fire

My offset simply has a drain with a valve at the opposite end from the fire box. There is no trough, gutter, or any other mechanical device to direct the grease flow to it. What drains out, does so into a bucket below the drain. What doesn't, I scoop out and then wipe out with paper towels after it's cooled.

Bottom of my offset smoker is 20" below the bottom shelf, with a drain below smoke stack which drains into a 5 gallon bucket. Below the doors is a trough that catches condensation from inside of doors and drains to the rear. I don't use any water, etc inside the smoker, a lot of condensation builds up, so don't need water.
DSCN0670.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: kruizer and kdfiter
Bottom of my offset smoker is 20" below the bottom shelf, with a drain below smoke stack which drains into a 5 gallon bucket. Below the doors is a trough that catches condensation from inside of doors and drains to the rear. I don't use any water, etc inside the smoker, a lot of condensation builds up, so don't need water.
View attachment 500047
Great looking smoker, but I think you need a weed wacker. The smoker looks like a part of the landscape. I would love to have it in my backyard though!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky