Pickled Eggs / Califlower

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

homebrew

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Harrison Township, Michigan
Hot pickled eggs, beet pickled eggs, roma tomoatoes and hot and spicy califlower. Enjoy!

f6bcdd6c_IMG_0026.jpg

f1ab875d_IMG_0031.jpg

a94f41a3_IMG_0035.jpg
43eb3bb0_IMG_0036.jpg
9cf90669_IMG_0037.jpg
648b7829_IMG_0033.jpg

looks delicious.....
icon14.gif
................I need to make some more.....

Joe

OK, sorry for the delay. I did rough measuring when constructing this recipe, but here is the conversion:

I boiled 5 dozen eggs and had enough brine to fill all (6) quarts. The kids did eat a few before they made it to the jars though!

Hot Pickled Eggs
  • 6 cups white vinegar
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 10 whole cloves
  • 2 cinammon sticks
  • 3 teaspoons pickling spice
  • 2 habanero peppers sliced
  • 2 serrano peppers sliced
  • 3 jalapeno peppers sliced
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 4 garlic cloves rough chop
  • 1 white onion rough chop
Simmer all ingredients for 15-20 minutes. I layed the eggs and brine in each quart jar. I think i got 10 eggs per jar.

The beet eggs were basically the same recipe, less the pepper with a can of sliced beets.

Enyoy!

Hey thanks homebrew!I am going to try this one.Got it at the very top of my list.You wouldn't have a good canned jalepeno recipe do you?I have a bunch and can't too find a recipe that I really like.

Hey thanks homebrew!I am going to try this one.Got it at the very top of my list.You wouldn't have a good canned jalepeno recipe do you?I have a bunch and can't too find a recipe that I really like.
I know the feeling, every recipe calls for hot water bath and the jalepenos come out like mush!!!  
hissyfit.gif

hopmad.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

I usually just boil the brine and pour it over the peppers and don't give them a hot bath.I got that from a member on here,forget who.But you have to keep your jars in the fridge.Which isn't a big deal if you have the room.I was just wanting a different brine recipe.I have one that is pretty close to what I like but still not right.Think I am getting ready to make some pickled eggs as we speak>sorry no Qview My camera was needing a cable to connect it to the computer so I bought that...Now my camera doesn't work!It turns on then right back off!Looking for a new one.Anyone have a suggestions on a good camera for around $100?You all have a kickass weekend!    Josh  

Couple of weeks in the brine and I got to sample one of each tonight. Both came out very good. I think I like the hot eggs a little more. Next time more hot peppers.

470a3ac9_IMG_0090.jpg
3d256ca6_IMG_0091.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky