Picanha on the Weber Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
This has to be the best steak I ever had!!
I only trimmed some fat off the top
(save fat to grease the grill)
100_0351.JPG
Salt both sides
100_0352.JPG
I had the grill already heated,so I wet a paper
towel 7 took some fat out to rub the grate.
This proved that the wet towel & fat made for
a nonstick grating.
100_0358.JPG
Cook the steaks for 6 min. covered
100_0359.JPG
Use a tongs to flip them cook 6 min covered
100_0360.JPG
Now you are ready to sear them real fast
I was able to get a pic of the last 2
100_0362.JPG
Brought them into the kitchen to rest
about 10 min. I was able to cut a piece
with a fork ( right in front of the fork )
100_0366.JPG
Had some pasta with Tomato,Basil & Brie
100_0367.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

Wow. They look great. I have to look for them here.

Looks good Richie. I never had a picanha steak, always wanted to try.
Joe Thank you it is super tender when I cut it with the fork I knew my mouth was in for a treat.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks great Richie, tender delicious beef is always a treat.
Nice cook!
Like!

Chili this is worth looking for,I have one grocery store that carries them all year.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Nice work . Points for using enough charcoal to get the job done .

Rich that was only 3/4 chimney I shut the vents when finished still have another burn left.Thanks for the Points I appreciat it
Richie

Man that looks good! Nice job! I'm going to have to see if I can find that cut around here

SV Thanks it is well worth a ride to get it,cut it with a fork.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Chili this is worth looking for,I have one grocery store that carries them all year.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie
Yeah, our Costco usually has them in packages of six.
Cut real nice too, 2" thick, about 6"-8* long, perfect for Brazilian style on a skewer or rotisserie.
But they want a premium price for what amounts to choice sirloin.

Really good looking steaks Richie perfectly done.

Point for sure
Chris

Rich that was only 3/4 chimney I shut the vents when finished still have another burn left.
Yes sir . I hunt with a couple guys to cheap to use enough , worried about wasting it . Takes what it takes to do it right , just like you showed .

Yeah, our Costco usually has them in packages of six.
Cut real nice too, 2" thick, about 6"-8* long, perfect for Brazilian style on a skewer or rotisserie.
But they want a premium price for what amounts to choice sirloin.

The store I go is a small chain,the 1 in my town is $5.49 # the 1 a town over is $4.49 #
Richie

Awesome looking steak there Richie. Dang you just moved to far north.

Warren

Warren Thanks I guess you will be eating good this weekend at Adams' place.Thank for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Bravo Richie! Big points FTW!
I am still amazed with the tenderness of the Picanha. I've resorted to braking down the whole sirloin to get the Picanha. Got a couple in my thread index.. Haven't ever seen it in the stores otherwise.
Love this post!

Bravo Richie! Big points FTW!
I am still amazed with the tenderness of the Picanha. I've resorted to braking down the whole sirloin to get the Picanha. Got a couple in my thread index.. Haven't ever seen it in the stores otherwise.
Love this post!

Erik Thank you I love the way it cooks fast,I don't buy steaks because most stores don't have good butchers.Thanks for the Big points I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky