Philly style Cheesesteaks on Blackstone (first attempt)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking cheesesteaks Cowboy. I've made cheesesteaks twice so far and they do seem to get better each time. My wife wasn't too sure on getting the BS at first, but now she is all for it as she doesn't have to do as much cooking. She even thinks that I should have gotten a bigger griddle.

i'm looking forward to CPAC's review of them

my blackstone is still in the box. but after seeing Bmudds the other day, kind of got me wanting to bust it out. seems they are pretty resilient. i dont have a covered patio. got a barn though, and a shop, but it seems like a tool that needs to be used often or may be prone to rust. sorry for the thread hi jack CPAC. it was pretty dang thought gift from your folks and you did it up right on the first outing.

i dont have a covered patio. got a barn though, and a shop, but it seems like a tool that needs to be used often or may be prone to rust.

Mine doesn't sit idle long enough to be worried about rust. When doing my research before pulling the trigger on it, and confirming with a friend who has a larger unit, after using it and getting it cleaned up, just wipe it down with a light coating of Crisco. I've done that several times right after washing and it makes the thing look pretty much new again and of course, there's no way any moisture is gonna get past the Crisco. If you have the 22" Blackstone they make a really nice cover for them that's like $20. I got one in the event that rain was in the forecast but have only used it a couple times.

Robert

i got the 36 inch from tractor supply on black friday sale, still in box.

Reactions: chopsaw
CPAC, the kids are coming over for 4th of July, i had planned on smoking a case of tri tip , as i like to pass stuff out to the neighbors, but may bust out the griddle and make these instead. any tips on what you used for the meat. do you add oil like the mexican taco places do to make the meat juicy or just let it rip in its own fat?

If it is seasoned well. Then rust shouldn't be a large concern. After use I give it a good scraping. And rinse it off. If there is stubborn spots. Then I'll use a little dish soap with a plastic brush. Then dry it. And heat it back up. When it stops smoking. I apply oil and continue to heat until that oil stops smoking. I just leave it in the garage.

Great looking cheesesteaks Derek! They look perfect. Just make sure to bring me one when you swing by for your two plates.

The Cheesesteaks look great. The Ravioli is an interest idea, but some Melted Butter, a pile of Onions and some Golden Brown Poppy's or Mrs. T's PIEROGIS would be at the top of my to do list...JJ

Reactions: GATOR240
Nice job like cheese steaks. Glad to see you breaking in the griddle. Every one excited about the griddle and they have been used for years in the commercial businesses. Remember the old burger joints that toasted the buns???

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky