Philly Style Brisket Biscuit Bombs (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Brisket Biscuits?!

Briskuits?!

I actually thought about that but wanted to keep the title as I had it so keep you perplexed, maybe thinking I'd posted a breakfast thread in the beef forum :emoji_laughing: I need to stop this. I'm starting to confuse myself.

Looks great Robert! I had forgotten about these and need to bump these up my lists as well. Thanks!

Did you not do a version of these or something similar and I had a brain fart when I posted this? I seem to remember you doing....something akin to these but perhaps not.

Robert

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Wow! Those looks awesome, Robert! Big LIKE! Wondering what kind of dough did you use for the biscuit? Store bought?

Thank ya thank ya!! Appreciate the kind words. Yes, it was Pillsbury Grands southern style biscuits I used. They come 8 to a package and are pretty darned good for store bought...especially since I was running WAY behind schedule for humoring the wife and taking the fat dog to the park for a nice long waddle session.

Robert

forktender forktender I have no clue what that thing you replied with means but I hope it's nice :emoji_wink: Assuming it is, thank you. It probably came from TV or a movie, which I've not seen much of for the better part of 30 years.

Robert

Man does not live on the flat top griddle forever I guess Robert! Your biscuit bombs look ridiculously delicious, big Like! RAY

Thank you Ray!! I got my griddle fix this morning with breakfast so all is not lost :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Although I seem to wipe the drool off my face on most of your posts Robert. I normally don't respond unless its of the smoker variety. However, these just look to damn good to pass up. Well Done.

Point for sure
Chris

I actually thought about that but wanted to keep the title as I had it so keep you perplexed, maybe thinking I'd posted a breakfast thread in the beef forum :emoji_laughing: I need to stop this. I'm starting to confuse myself.

Did you not do a version of these or something similar and I had a brain fart when I posted this? I seem to remember you doing....something akin to these but perhaps not.

Robert

I made tamales recently but not these delicious looking items that y'all have been doing.

Looks Tasty, Robert !!
However they'd be more "Philly-esque" if the Peppers were at least partially cooked first, and the Onions Caramelized before stuffing them with the meat.
Nice Job.
Like.

Bear

Another fine cook Robert! They look fantastic. Even if my tongue did get tied in knots trying to say the title.

Ryan

These look incredible Robert! Definitely great combining of Brisket into Philly CS. Awesomeness!

Mike

Although I seem to wipe the drool off my face on most of your posts Robert. I normally don't respond unless its of the smoker variety. However, these just look to damn good to pass up. Well Done.

Thanks so much Chris. I'm thrilled you found this one noteworthy and you managed to accomplish that and still maintain your mantra. The brisket was in fact smoked...albeit a few weeks ago :emoji_wink:

Robert

However they'd be more "Philly-esque" if the Peppers were at least partially cooked first, and the Onions Caramelized before stuffing them with the meat.

Very much appreciate it Bear. The peppers and onions were cooked prior to adding to the meat. Got a little char on the onions but not fully caramelized though. I just try not to overcook the veggies and turn them to mush. Thank you for the like sir.

Robert

Damn Robert, those look fantastic....showed Sue and she insisted on doing them. So just bookmarked it.

Thanks brother!

And thank you my friend!! I'm thrilled that Sue found them worthy and hope you get them done for her pretty soon. They were good...and just a bit different :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Another fine cook Robert! They look fantastic. Even if my tongue did get tied in knots trying to say the title.

Hee hee hee...I thought the title had an interesting twist to it :emoji_laughing: Thanks so much for the kind words Ryan.

Robert

These look incredible Robert! Definitely great combining of Brisket into Philly CS. Awesomeness!

Very much appreciate the kind words Mike. Yes, the brisket added a totally different flavor dimension to the CS sandwiches, which was kinda what I was shooting for from the beginning. Thank you for the accolades.

Robert

Thanks so much Chris. I'm thrilled you found this one noteworthy and you managed to accomplish that and still maintain your mantra. The brisket was in fact smoked...albeit a few weeks ago :emoji_wink:

Robert

Sorry if my reply came across the wrong way Robert, That was not my intention. I enjoy and envy most if not all of your cooks/smokes and always will. It's just that I'm trying to cut back on my forum time and I feel(probably the only one) that the direction of this site isn't what it once was or was originally intended to be. SV, flattop and other types of cooking are taking over and we are seeing less and less smoking. It's my frustration and had nothing to do with your posts.

Chris

Sorry if my reply came across the wrong way Robert, That was not my intention.

Absolutely no offense taken at all Chris. You're one of the most respectful (and respected) people in this forum and I don't believe you would ever publicly make an inflammatory comment and I certainly didn't take it that way. I was sincere in my sentiments that you found this worthy of a reply and completely understand where you're coming from about the direction of the forum at present. Just my .02 though, I like seeing other styles of cooking being showcased. It adds variety and from my standpoint, how many racks of ribs, briskets, and pork butts can a person really take? Sure, they are the founding criteria of the forum and I still enjoy seeing those posts, especially when somebody learns from here how to go about it and has a successful cook. That's very gratifying without doubt, but I enjoy seeing varying approaches to food. It's inspiring to me and I feed off of them (no pun intended) for ideas to continue coming up with different meals cooked in different ways.

Probably got some change coming back,
Robert

Reactions: MJB05615 and TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky