Philly cheese steak brats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
With alot of help for many people on the forum mainly boykjo and sam3, I think I did well.

Got this seasoning from another person.

Free so why not try it.  I added cure #1 to it.

Went to the local meat market and got some casings.

Soaked the casing for about 6 hours in water.

Mixed the meat and seasoning and put in the fridge for about 4 hours.

No pics of the stuffing cause well I forgot being my first to at it.  I will get some next time.

Here they are stuffed.

My first couple wasnt that good.  Had air pockets.

I got alot better by the end.

In the fridge for a overnight rest.

Smoking tomorrow.

Cheese steak brats.... That sounds delicious...........
drool.gif

popcorn.gif

Cheese steak brats!?!? That sounds great and the look amazing! Send samples please!

Looks Great Adam! Can't wait to get my new LEM initiated! I'm making a a custom table/counter mounting board for it. Then it's gonna be off and running!

Thanks guys.

Hope I dont screw them up smoking them.

Looks Great Adam! Can't wait to get my new LEM initiated! I'm making a a custom table/counter mounting board for it. Then it's gonna be off and running!

You should do a thread on it. I need something myself.

man them look pretty damn good... my problem (on 1st and only batch) was... twisting them up and getting them to stay... uniformity looks great too... Thumbs Up

Damn boy! Looks like you've been at it a long time!

My 2 boys have been making sausage since they' were preteens and neither of them make links that nice!

Looking forward to more!

Damn boy! Looks like you've been at it a long time!

My 2 boys have been making sausage since they' were preteens and neither of them make links that nice!

Looking forward to more!

Thanks man.

give us a taste test report ..... I have a pack of that same seasoning I bought a few weeks ago 

Of course I will.

Adam

They look great! I have never seen the cheese steak seasoning. I may have to give it a try. When I don't like the way a ling stuffed I just cut it out and go again casings are cheap enough. Are you going to smoke them to fully cooked or just add smoke?

Happy smoken.

David

Going to fully cook them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky