Phillies on the Weber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chp

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 30, 2020
Colorado
The summer continues and drives that desire for outdoor cooking, so tonight I fired up the Weber flat top for some Philly sandwiches.
6D80E918-9470-4054-8C3A-6730B40566E0.jpeg

I grilled up some peppers and onions.
5855DF3B-1151-4DCB-801C-CD7D30A264EA.jpeg

Toasted the buns.
4FC602E6-5A0A-44E2-97E0-7B5ABCAF98A5.jpeg

And melted cheese.
E18E438A-459C-453D-8F4C-0620972B2364.jpeg

My wife even added a CI peach cobbler!
83ED80DC-546C-4F07-940F-D5325378D73E.jpeg

Nice to enjoy a dinner without heating up the kitchen much. Hope everyone else is getting through this heat okay.

Nice, great cook! How do you like the Weber griddle? I have yet to see one in person.

Reactions: chp
I love a Philly with lots of peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I know, not a real Philly :emoji_laughing:, but at least I don't put ketchup on it...🤣🤣

Looks great ! I could dig on that peach cobbler. What steak did you use ?
Thanks. It was a sirloin that was marinated and put in a SV for a few hours prior. Then back into the fridge. It’s an approach I have been trying lately and gives a flavorful steak.

Reactions: chopsaw
I love a Philly with lots of peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I know, not a real Philly :emoji_laughing:, but at least I don't put ketchup on it...🤣🤣
I also enjoy mushrooms in the mix and certainly no ketchup….

Good looking sammy. Love me some peach cobbler. Just made one last week. Try using buttermilk instead of milk. Makes a killer cobbler.
Thanks. I will suggest the buttermilk to my wife. She tried the CI skillet for the first time and really enjoyed that change.

Looks fantastic ! If I see one of the Weber's at a good price I just might have to fit it in somewhere . The Blackstone isn't going anywhere though .
Nice work bud .

SV for a few hours prior. Then back into the fridge. It’s an approach I have been trying lately and gives a flavorful steak.
Yes it does . It's a great way to do beef for sandwiches or stir fry . Last one I did was a rib roast end . Smoked , fridge overnight . Then sliced and on to the Blackstone .

I could hurt my self with that full meal......And tell the wife see gets a double gold star for that cobbler!!!

Jim

Looks most excellent to me.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky