PGSmoker style Loin Backs!!!! - Updated

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 23, 2010
Prince George, Va.
I bought two racks of loin back ribs yesterday for today's smoke!

Got up and started getting things ready...rubbed the ribs and in the fridge last night.

Trevor gets up and says he wants them the way I fixed them one time last summer with the brown sugar and honey -

I refuse to use the T-word about these so - PGSmoker style - brown sugar, honey, parkay, and BDSE-my special touch.

Set up 1/2 a ring of coals, some hickory and cherry, and two Weber starter blocks.

Fired 'em up!

TBS...

Ribs on with plenty of help.

Trevor helping with the smoke today

Okay, at the 2 hour point we put down a little brown sugar, honey, parkay, and my BDSE  sauce!

Trevor wrapping the ribs - he's the pitmaster today!!!!  
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

And the pitmaster dropping the lid on after putting the ribs back on.

Did I mention it's about 35 outside and the wind is blowing about 20 mph today!  The T-man says he likes having the smoker on the back porch.

Stay tuned.

Bill

Last edited:
It's amazing...when mamma's away, the boys will play!

Enjoy that dark stout "bread"!

And of course, I'll be watching...no drinking nor smoking for me today, we're taking the kids on a bike ride shortly!

~Brett

beercheer.gif
will be there later after the grand-kidlet goes back to Mom's.  Love that stuff!  You know I love ribs!!  I gotta get some Maker's Mark and make me some of your sauce!

Kat

Your Guiness bread sure tastes better than my Coors Light bread! But after 3 pieces of the Guiness bread, I would probably fall in my smoker.

Looking good...nice having an extra set of hands. 
Thanks OP!  Yeah, Trevor loves to help with the ribs!
It's amazing...when mamma's away, the boys will play!

Enjoy that dark stout "bread"!

And of course, I'll be watching...no drinking nor smoking for me today, we're taking the kids on a bike ride shortly!

~Brett
Oh, it was good, but filled me up!  Now I gotta work up an appetite...what to do, what to do!
Looks good so far!
Thanks Dan!
beercheer.gif
will be there later after the grand-kidlet goes back to Mom's.  Love that stuff!  You know I love ribs!!  I gotta get some Maker's Mark and make me some of your sauce!

Kat
You'll love the sauce Kat!!!  Not too sweet, just right.  Course if you want sweeter, just add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of honey to a quart of sauce!  Makes it shiny on the ribs too!
Your Guiness bread sure tastes better than my Coors Light bread! But after 3 pieces of the Guiness bread, I would probably fall in my smoker.
Yeah Mike, only the one man...switching back to water  
yahoo.gif

Alright!!!  Out of the foil and back onto the smoker!  (Thanks RKB - I'll let him know you said so!)

Here they are just out of the foil - look at that pullback!

Trev getting the ribs back on the smoker for another 1.5 hours

The junior pitmaster is doing an awesome job today...I'm very proud of him!

Alright folks...here they are, Trevor's first ribs as pitmaster!  We normally don't sauce but Trev was the pitmaster and it was his call, so at 3:30 p.m. we put on a light coat of PGSmoker's BDSE sauce!

Ribs are looking fantastic!

And pulling them off at 4:00 p.m.

Last rack off....

Man, these look really good!!!!

Meat junkie view.....

Plated w/ the broccoli....ok KAT?  LOL  Man these things were tender, juicy, and very tasty.  So proud of the T-man!

Cleaned the plate...now I need a nap!

Hope y'all enjoyed our q-view as much as we enjoyed the ribs!  Sorry, that won't be possible!!!

Bill

Thanks Todd, will do!!!!

The wife said these are the best she's ever had and the in-laws are raving over the tenderness and taste!!!

Totally Trevor's idea to add the BDSE sauce to the brown sugar, honey, & parkay.  Smart kid!

Bill

Thanks Dan!  He loved them!

And rightly so, they were awesome!!!  I have a 13 year old BBQ prodigy!

Bill

Again...I am impressed...those are sexy-azz ribs! I gotta do some spare ribs...soon! My son's only 6 and could care less about smoking...your son's a chip off the ole' block! Tell him "Chicks dig guys who can cook!" You can quote me on that!

~Brett

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky