persistent frame on right side when reading threads?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 13, 2015
i just noticed the persistent frame on the right side when reading threads. is this a new feature? not sure what benefit it's supposed to provide. it shows stats for number of messages and likes, members online now, and new posts, none of which i care to see when reading threads. is there a way to disable this?

That's not new. It has always been part of the Desk Top View. I use my phone to access the site and all that is at the bottom, unseen unless you scroll all the way down...JJ

That's not new. It has always been part of the Desk Top View. I use my phone to access the site and all that is at the bottom, unseen unless you scroll all the way down...JJ

i always noticed it on the forum's home page but never on a thread page.

Now I can't seem to remember...JJ

I just started getting it as well. It is the same info block as on the main page. I normally just go to recent post and never saw it before. I've been in and out of the Recent post page all night and it just now appeared.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky