Perfect Mix or Apple

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

78camaro

Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Rolla, Mo
Just wondering what pellets to use tomorrow when smoking turkey. I've been leaning towards just apple, but the perfect mix has a blend of apple, cherry, maple & hickory. What do you guys think?

I smoked some turkey breasts Sunday with a mix of apple, maple, and hickory.  It turned out great.  I let one rest for a while and sliced it for my wife and I to try and her eyes got BIG when she was chewing it. 
wife.gif
   I was a little scared but she said it was awesome, and we ended up eating the whole thing, just after we ate lunch!!

I used the "perfect mix" for my birds last weekend but I have not eaten any of the bird yet so I don't know what the smoke flavor is like yet. It will be my first use of the "perfect mix" so I am excited.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky