Pepperoni sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

R Blum

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 19, 2017
Michigan
I am planing on making venison pepperoni sticks and my recipe calls for non fat dry milk which I don't have. I have fermento, citric acid, soy protein concentrate but not dry milk powder. Can I just substitute milk instead of the water?

RB, IMHO your soy protein concentrate will accomplish the same result but I'm not sure about NFM to SPC conversion for amounts. I have made plenty of venison snack sticks and used neither with a good finished product. 75% venny to 25% back fat or a 60% venny to 40% pork butt.

Reactions: chopsaw
Here is a post from Rick on the bradley forum you might find good. I just use store bought non fat dry milk and never had a problem with it.

You're covered with CM's comment in post 2 . I used to use the soy isolate . You can sub the concentrate or the fermento .
Here's and old thread on the same question .
Refer to post 6 .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky