Pepperoni Pizza Bake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Pepperoni Pizza Bake

Found this recipe on the Internet, so decided to give it a Try—Not Bad!!!
Will Do Again!

Ingredients Needed:
1 Can (16.3 ounce) Grands Original Biscuits Southern Homestyle (8 biscuits).
1 Can of Pizza Sauce (8 ounces).
2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
16 slices of Pepperoni.

Steps:
#1 Heat Oven to 375°. Butter up 9” X 13” (3 qt) Baking Dish.
#2 Separate Dough into 8 Biscuits. Cut each Biscuit into 8 pieces. In large bowl, toss Biscuit pieces
with Pizza Sauce & 1 cup of the shredded Cheese.
#3 Transfer Mix into Baking Dish. Top with Pepperoni & remaining Cup of Cheese.
#4 Bake 20 to 23 minutes until edges are slightly Browned.

Reheating after first day, I added some more Pepperoni slices to the top (just because I love Pepperoni.

Enjoy!!

Bear

Butter up a 9" X 13" Baking Dish:
IMG_5995.jpeg

Grands Original Biscuits Southern Homestyle (8 biscuits):
IMG_5996.jpeg

Cut each Biscuit into 8 pieces:
IMG_5997.jpeg

Add Shredded Mozzarella:
IMG_5998.jpeg

In large bowl, toss Biscuit pieces with Pizza Sauce & 1 cup of the shredded Cheese:
IMG_5999.jpeg

Transfer Mix into Baking Dish. Top with Pepperoni:
IMG_6000.jpeg

Top with remaining Cup of Cheese.
IMG_6001.jpeg

Bake 20 to 23 minutes until edges are slightly Browned:
IMG_6003.jpeg

Closer Look:
IMG_6002.jpeg

Bear's first Helping:
IMG_6004.jpeg

Next Day Reheat---Add some Pepperoni on Top:
IMG_6007.jpeg

And Nuke for just long enough to heat through:
IMG_6008.jpeg

Man that looks good. Gonna put it on "to do" list. Think the little (grandkids) would like that.
Jim

I bet that's good . I have a couple I do using the dough like that .
Nice idea .

That looks like it was good! Something I can do with the kids one night for dinner!

That looks 'Grand' :emoji_thumbsup: You might know this but Grands biscuits are also sold in bags in the frozen food section.... meaning you don't have to cook all 8 or whatever is in the the tube. Literately, you can preheat a little cast iron skillet and cook one biscuit if you want. If I have some rest time on a roast or something and my Egg is still hot I use my drop biscuit pan to cook the frozen Grands. With hot cast iron surrounding each one, they really rise nicely.
uNWNmOA.jpg

Reactions: MJB05615
Man that looks good. Gonna put it on "to do" list. Think the little (grandkids) would like that.
Jim

Thank You Jim!!
Little Kids & Big Kids Love it.

Bear

I bet that's good . I have a couple I do using the dough like that .
Nice idea .

Thank You Rich!!
First time we did anything like this.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks good Bear. Seems easy enough I may try. Was it mostly crispy? We love our Pizza crispy.

That looks 'Grand' :emoji_thumbsup: You might know this but Grands biscuits are also sold in bags in the frozen food section.... meaning you don't have to cook all 8 or whatever is in the the tube. Literately, you can preheat a little cast iron skillet and cook one biscuit if you want. If I have some rest time on a roast or something and my Egg is still hot I use my drop biscuit pan to cook the frozen Grands. With hot cast iron surrounding each one, they really rise nicely.

Thank You Third!!
Mrs Bear said she never saw them in the Frozen Foods Section.

Bear

Bear This is what thirdeye is talking about they are not soft dough as is the can biscuits. They would not work for you pizza. They are like and look like a regular hand made biscuit. Even Chef JJ thought the were excellent for bought biscuits. We use them all the time.

thumbnail.jpg

Try some they are in the frozen food section.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky