Pepper Stout Chucky with a mod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

masssmoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 8, 2016
Massachusetts
I like pepper stout chucky and have done it a few times.

The only thing that I have not liked about it is that the veggies cook down to almost nothing by the time the meat is done.

So, this time I am waiting to put the veggies in by about an hour to see how much of a difference that makes.

I have a 4.4 pound chuck, cut in two pieces. Rubbed it and smoked it at 225 for about four hours until 165 and then put it in a foil pan with the beer and some onions and garlic.

Waited an hour and then added the rest of the onion and peppers.

Will post final results later...
IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

Looks good so far. Are you going for pull, slice or burnt ends?

Chris

Cool pulled chucky is a favorite around here.

Chris

I forgot on Sunday to post the final result.

here is a shot of it right as it came out of the oven.
The slight veggie timing mod worked out very well as the veggies we done but not almost vaporized like was happening when I put them in when panning the roast and adding the beer at 165.

Meat was nice and moist and pulled pretty well.

IMG_2016 (1).JPG

That looks wonderful! Def going to put the meat in with the veggies next time. Did cutting the roast in half cut down on the cook time?

That's why I like this place. I had never heard of Pepper Stout Beef until a couple of hours ago. I googled around and then went to the store. Tomorrow at this time I will be eating this. Thanks.

Made one myself Saturday. Looks a lot like yours. Very tasty, even though I forgot the garlic:(. You guys are a bad influence on me, Wife loved it too though.

That looks wonderful! Def going to put the meat in with the veggies next time. Did cutting the roast in half cut down on the cook time?
hi thanks. It was very thick so I cut it in two. I did leave it on the smoker for quite awhile, 4 hours and then into the foil pan. I think cutting a thick cut works well so you get more surface that captures the smoke, but if it was thinner I would just leave it as is.

Glad you posted this again, as I was not around the first time.
Looks great , and you can always do an exra pan of the veg an d put on later with some of the broth from the main pan,

But I bet fantastic either way . And the boys will be happy anyway.

David

Reactions: Redicans
Glad you posted this again, as I was not around the first time.
Looks great , and you can always do an exra pan of the veg an d put on later with some of the broth from the main pan,

But I bet fantastic either way . And the boys will be happy anyway.

David
Yes good idea on the separate veggie pan. This time I just mixed it in but waited an hour after foiling. Came out great. Will post pictures when I can.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That looks really good!! How are you serving that up? Looks like it would be really good as a dip sandwich on a nice roll!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky