Pellet smoker question..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bignick1984

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 9, 2016
california
With pellet smokers, I have seen some people turn their smoke stack/chimney upside down. Does that help with the smoke and what happens to the grease??

With pellet smokers, I have seen some people turn their smoke stack/chimney upside down. Does that help with the smoke and what happens to the grease??

I don't know Nick. I'd think they are trying to slow the smoke down, hold it in longer. But I thought that was what the damper was for, temperature and heat control.
Maybe they can't read the directions? :confused: ;)

And while some grease may go out in the smoke and vapors, Most drips and collects below in my experience.

I'm hoping to someday acquire a pellet smoker, because Bradley pucks are just off the wall too expensive to me anymore, and I have to order them.
I can get 20 pounds of Hickory pellets for ~12 bucks. Or just build a feeder, which is really more my style. But I've been experimenting with pellets in a pan in my little smoker.
LOL, mine leaks so much, it doesn't need a stack. o_O

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky