Pellet Question?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
I know I have posed a similar question in the past but I am ready to buy an Amazen smoking tube. I want to use it primarily in my Weber kettle for a low hassle smoke source. I really want to experiment with different wood types and this seems like a pretty economical way to go. Can I get some recommendations for post oak wood pellets and any particular blended pellets that any of you really like for your own barbecue?

Also I have seen a few ways to light these things. Is a heat gun a good solution? Should it always be a torch? Any other suggestions for effective ways to light them? Thanks in advance.

G

Reactions: JLeonard
I just bought a small 6" tube and it works great. I use apple wood in mine as thats what I use in my pellet grill. As far as lightning it, a heat gun would never work, you need a flame. I use a small butane torch. Light the pellets ,let them flame for 8 to 10 min, blow it out and she smokes like crazy.

Corey

Reactions: JLeonard
I have peach/Pecan mix pellets i got from Bass Pro. They are Cabelas brand. I got them to use exclusively in a pellet tube and they burn good and put good smoke off.

I have peach/Pecan mix pellets i got from Bass Pro. They are Cabelas brand. I got them to use exclusively in a pellet tube and they burn good and put good smoke off.
I was actually looking at those on the website. I love pecan and have never used peach wood. I have to admit I am intrigued. I’m planning a trip out to bass pro on Friday. I will take a look then. Thanks for the heads up.
G

what are you talking about
A little about Amazen smoking tubes, a little about lighting them, a little about the best pellets to use in them, a little about what pellets are bad....you get the idea. We are free-range posters here.
Squirrel!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky