**Pellet Pro Stacker Ring for Weber 22" WSM conversion**

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swamprb

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Bothell WA
This kit really works!

Assembly is as easy as the demonstration video, and I now have a true dual mode Pellet / Charcoal fired smoker grill.

Like Dennis says in the video, "stop lookin' and start cookin'!" and thats what I've been doing.

180* on the Smoke setting for some fresh sausages

Cranked the controller to 350* to grill some wing sections

Hot n' Fast Brisket Points 325* 3.5 hours total cook time 2.5 hours in Cambro then sliced

Berkshire Spare Ribs 275* 3 hours 15 minutes

Alaskan King Salmon lightly smoked then grilled at 350* 

Can't believe how easy the Pellet Pro conversion is, I can go from Pellets to Charcoal in seconds (might be a while though!) and don't have another grill on the deck.  Only mod to the WSM is applying a pit probe grommet in place of a bracket bolt.

I realize this mod isn't for everyone, but I've had it a week and can't wait to get the time in for a low n slow cook. 

Never really thought I'd go to the Dark side, but it's pretty bright there with this little unit!

Interested in how the 120 second has done for you in temp... Of course the ambient temp makes a huge difference but it'll give me an idea.

Very cool I'm doing his UDS build. How do you like the smoke settings?
I'd love to see that! I can't decide if I want to make a dedicated pellet smoking drum or cut into an existing one- if I do I'm leaning towards the 85 gallon BDS clone.
Interested in how the 120 second has done for you in temp... Of course the ambient temp makes a huge difference but it'll give me an idea.
Its been really nice here (HOT) in the Pacific Northwet, and like I said, I've only had it a week, so I haven't had as much time to play with the Smoke feature like I want to, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

I was hoping to hit a lot of the BBQ Forums in the hopes of finding others using the Pellet Pro, not so much the WSM mod (sorry-I'm kinda stoked about it) but DIY builders and pick up tips from them as well. There are a lot of great homebuilts on the Smoke Daddy/Pellet Pro website, but no users have really chimed in yet. Must be a good thing IMO.

Please do update this when you have more experience with the smoke time cycles . I'm never going to replace my drum I have now but want to use the pellet drum for slow smoking steaks, jerky etc..

I love the WSM concept, it adds do much versatility.

It looks like a good addition...JJ

Please do update this when you have more experience with the smoke time cycles . I'm never going to replace my drum I have now but want to use the pellet drum for slow smoking steaks, jerky etc..

I love the WSM concept, it adds do much versatility.
I did some bacon and used the Smoke feature set at 180* and it performed flawlessly. Thats about it for my low smoking experience so far. Sorry, I didn't report back sooner, but I'm just having a ball using the Pellet Pro WSM- I never thought it would be so easy to become a pellethead!

Swamprb, just wondering how you like your pellet conversion. I am thinking of doing the same thing. By the posting dates you have had it for a year now. Any regrets. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated

I did some mods and now I'm using a 1/8" steel disc instead of the waterpan. I added some lower support bolts the same distance as the upper and lower grate levels and the diverter sits on them. I use aluminum catering trays foiled over for drip pans. Hard to see in this pic, but thats the setup.

Good to hear your success - they people at Smoke Daddy are good people.

I have the PelletPro grill and the PID is great.  It controls temp within 5 degrees. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky