Pellet overload -PitBoss

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wm.compton68

Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
The heating elements on these pit boss smokers must burn out easily,
Starts out working just fine, After an hour, heat stops and the augger fills the pit full of pellets? Anyone having same experience?

What temps you running? P setting? Weather conditions? Fire pot empty of ash before you started? Pellets dry?

If its lighting then the rod is fine. It actually only stays on at start up for about 4min then it's off for the rest of the cook. As far as how long the rod lasts....I replaced mine after about 350 cooks.

Reactions: jcam222
Sounds like the flame went out. Could be low ambient temp or too much ash in the firepot. Clean your cooker out and try again. If it's really cold you may need to run a lower p setting to keep it burning.

What temps you running? P setting? Weather conditions? Fire pot empty of ash before you started? Pellets dry?

If its lighting then the rod is fine. It actually only stays on at start up for about 4min then it's off for the rest of the cook. As far as how long the rod lasts....I replaced mine after about 350 cooks.
Second attempt after cleanup, worked perfect!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky