Pellet Conversion for a UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

unclebubbas bbq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 26, 2013
Rocky Hill, CT
Has anyone outhere purchased a pellet conversions from PelletProGrills.com for their UDS? They seem to have taken the UDS to the next level and I was just wondering how well they work and how the BBQ comes out

I can tell you that it works great in my fridge conversion.  It hasn't let me down yet.  I can't see why it wouldn't work great in a drum.  When it's burning 100% Hickory pellets, it smells like heaven.  A lot of people think that you don't get a lot of smoke flavor from a pellet burner.  That may be true if you use it at a higher temp.  The hotter they burn, the less smoke you get.  At lower temps, it produces a fair amount of TBS.  I still supplement with an AMNPS 5X8.  I did some ribs last weekend burning 100% hickory in the AMNPS, lit at both ends, and the smoke flavor was the best yet.

Thanks.

Yours caught fire too?  Or are you referring to me?  I had an incident this Thanksgiving.  I found out bacon butter burns like Napalm.  What I learned was how important it is to pay attention to proper drip tray positioning.  The fire didn't hurt the fridge too much, more so my pride.  Some of the interior seasoning burnt off, but other than losing a temp probe and the 2 turkeys, that was it.  At least I had a reason to get a new ET-732 out of the deal to replace my cheap therm I had.  It's all good now.  No harm done, other than 2 turkeys gave their lives to end up in the trash........tragic, seriously.  That part actually makes me sad.

No mine, even though it was a metal interior, there was paper insulation installed between the inner & outer skins. We went out for about an hour and when I got back flames were shooting out of the frig....my neighbor took the brunt of it, her window was open at the time. My wife still jokes about it to this day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky