pellet ash?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

figueroa2005

Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
I have a louisiana grills pellet grill/smoker how often should I be taking the grates out of my smoker and cleaning out all the ash? Also when I got it as a hand me down, I noticed it does not have the drip bucket, and i can't seem to find them on the LG website.  Does anyone know where I can get in or what I should use to make one?

I use a shop vac to vacuum the ash out of my Rec Tec pellet smoker about every 3rd or 4th cook. I'd say it varies...I've heard of guys who do it after every cook, and others who go weeks or longer before vacuuming it out.

I'll bet if you call LG's customer service line and ask, they would send you a grease bucket. In the meantime, you could "southern engineer" one out of a coffee can (or something similar) and a short length of wire.

Red

Thanks for the response.  I wasn't sure how long to leave the ash, or if it would cause any harm or unsafe conditions.

Ok thanks. I cleaned the ash out before laying my brisket on tonight.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky