Peel and Seal Gasket for the stick burner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Now that I have smoked on the Bayou Classic about 10 times I decided to add gaskets. Almost all stick burners will have a leak or two. The Bayou Classic has very few smoke leaks and smokes just fine but I decided to add the gaskets anyway. It was simple, neat and clean. Per the instructions let it sit for 24 hours before using smoker again. It's been 24 hours but raining. I will test it Sunday. Anyone else added gaskets?

Nope. But I don't burn sticks neither.
My MES's came with door gaskets. But even at that they occasionally leak a peek.
However, I have never worried over leakage. Leakage just means the chamber is full of smoke.
So I just let'em leak.
When you open a smoker, leaking or not, it's going to be full of smoke.
And that's the point of it. So I don't get concerned about leakage.
:emoji_wink:

Hawg, morning.... On a stick burner, it's very important to stop all air leaks... Fire control will greatly improve if all unregulated air leaks are sealed... Sealing allows for you to control the heat/smoke etc. from the inlet controls...

Reactions: Hawging It
Hawg, morning.... On a stick burner, it's very important to stop all air leaks... Fire control will greatly improve if all unregulated air leaks are sealed... Sealing allows for you to control the heat/smoke etc. from the inlet controls...
I studied this online before I decided to do it. That is exactly what was stated. (control of heat/smoke) Have a great day today.

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky