pecan crusted beef roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
the boss lady wanted some beef for dinner so i had to oblige

took a nice roast and injected with some marinade then covered with pecans and brown sugar

let it sit overnight

into the smoker for about 4 hours then it hit 120 so i pulled and wrapped

89fde61f_12-04004.jpg

ac07174a_12-04005.jpg

6b94e6e0_12-04006.jpg

d60bea52_12-04007.jpg

d1299954_12-04023.jpg

8917cd95_12-04025.jpg

this turned out very tasty,,  about half was eaten and the rest will make some very tasty sandwiches tomorrow

thanks for watching

That looks like a sirloin steak with pecan pie wrapped around it! WOW I can only imagine what that tasted like! 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
  That gives a whole new meaning to the term (yule Log)!

i've done pork and chix but not beef..........looks good rick!

Very nice Rick! Love the idea of pecans with the beef. I've done them a million different ways, but not like that! Thanks for sharing!

your right bear, used extra nuts to try and lure THE SQUIRELL out of seclusion,  looks like it worked

your right bear, used extra nuts to try and lure THE SQUIRELL out of seclusion,  looks like it worked

You gotta go drag her off the contest thread. I think she's writing a whole recipe book, with some amazing recipes.

I'm gonna save a lot of money. I'll just follow her around, printing all of her recipes, and never have to buy the book. 
icon_mrgreen.gif

Nobody's gonna beat the Steak recipe I posted over there.  
wink.gif

Bear

Rick you continue to post recipes that just amaze us. Thank you for your great contirbutions to this site

6f06ba96_applause1.gif

LOL! I was wondering when somebody was gonna say something about all my posts over there. I want one of those starter kits dang it! Yes Rick, the extra nuts made me a little weak in the knees!
icon_eek.gif

Bear I will be sure to include your "steak" recipe in my cookbook, heck, you can even write the forward to it. I still think you should have smothered that steak in underwear!

You gotta go drag her off the contest thread. I think she's writing a whole recipe book, with some amazing recipes.

I'm gonna save a lot of money. I'll just follow her around, printing all of her recipes, and never have to buy the book. 
icon_mrgreen.gif

Nobody's gonna beat the Steak recipe I posted over there.  
wink.gif

Bear

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

I saw that roast on your last post. It looks awesome but I don't know about the texture with the nuts thou. You never know thou if you don't try it you'll never know if it good or not.

This looks absolutely fabulous. I have some questions, though. You say that you let the internal temp reach 120, then wrap. Is that the FTC wrap? How long do you leave it that way? What should the internal temp be before being served? Thank you for your help.

whats up wonko?  i just simple pulled it off the gosm when temp hit 120 and then wrapped in foil, set it on the counter and we sliced it up about an hour later

when i do it next time i will pull it a little sooner maybe 115 because i like it a little more red than it was

welcome to the board   be ready to gain 20 lbs!!!

The wife immediately gave me the thumbs up for that idea (after just reading the title)!! LOL!  Guess I have some smoking to do this weekend!  Looks great! 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Great looking roast.  Thanks for the post.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky