Peanuts in your coke, who remembers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok, question. Was it the peanuts that made the coke better or the coke that made the peanuts better? When the coke was gone did you just tip the bottle and eat the peanuts? This is absolutely foreign to me so very curious.

Corey
The peanuts would float and you eat while you drink. The salt would bring out the fizz. The peanuts were typically gone when the Coke was gone

Yup, being of 59 vintage, I remember putting peanuts in our pop quite well. Any cola will work but Dr. Pepper was my favorite.

P.S. Be sure to save those pop bottles. They are worth a nickel a piece. 😊

I vaguely remember friends that would do it. I’m gonna have to give it a try in Diet or Pepsi zero now.

how many of you remembers peanuts in coke before they took the coke out of it?
a cold coke in the 40's would bring tears in your eyes.

Thanks for all the replies folks. I knew some of you would remember. Funny how the northern part of the country knows nothing about it, but midwest, south and west does. I’m not sure I can bring myself to drink a coke, it’s been 10 years or since I last had one, and I sure remember missing the coke of my youth, before they started screwing with the recipe, first “new coke” which was garbage, then “classic coke” which was better, but still not a coke.

Reactions: gmc2003
Thanks for all the replies folks. I knew some of you would remember. Funny how the northern part of the country knows nothing about it, but midwest, south and west does. I’m not sure I can bring myself to drink a coke, it’s been 10 years or since I last had one, and I sure remember missing the coke of my youth, before they started screwing with the recipe, first “new coke” which was garbage, then “classic coke” which was better, but still not a coke.
You're right. It's not as good as it was at least not in the states. I went to Costa Rico a few years back and got a cold one in the small glass bottle. Was better than one you can get here. Being it was there who knows could still be using the recipe from the 40's

You're right. It's not as good as it was at least not in the states. I went to Costa Rico a few years back and got a cold one in the small glass bottle. Was better than one you can get here. Being it was there who knows could still be using the recipe from the 40's
The ones you can get in Mexico taste like the older Cokes. They still use sugar to make theirs instead of high fructose corn syrup. I shipped four cases back last time work sent me down there.

Reactions: Newglide
Being at that age when you start having to worry about what else escapes when you sneeze. I've never heard of putting peanuts in your coke. I do remember putting Ex-lax in brownies, but that's another story altogether.

I was born in 67 and I have never heard of that, certainly not a Northeast thing.
Wow Cliff your just starting to hit puberty young fella.

All variations of coke were garbage to me. I was a Pepsi drinker. Another member from the North East.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
South of the border they still use cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. I agree that it is much better.
If there are any Mexican grocery stores in you area they will definitely have it.
Don't forget the peanuts!

I was born in 59 and can remember having a coke with peanuts in it about every afternoon after school when I was probably about 12-14 years old I think it was Lance salted peanuts and a regular old recipe coke.
Chris I saw the light and drink diet pepsi now and we put something else in the brownies back in the day :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: mike243 and gmc2003
I remember putting peanuts in our pop
Growing up, all sodas around here were called Coke. Dad always called them a "cold dope". "Dope" goes way back to the creation of Coca-Cola when it was made with cocaine or cocoa leaves. Dad liked a cold dope and a pack of shacks. Who remembers a pack of shacks?

Yes sir I remember that and did it, but for some reason, I liked coke better without the peanuts and put peanuts in bottles of Pepsi. All of them ice cold in glass bottles were better!

this is awesome. When I was a kid (39 now) we leased government ground over by Merritt dam that we used for summer grazing. Dad or dads boss were over there every day checking water so when me and my brother went along with dad, we always stopped at Merritt trading post and got a litter of Pepsi and a bag of peanuts. Always remember that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky