Peanut Butter Meltaways (Bear's Favorite Candy)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Peanut Butter Meltaways
(Bear's Favorite Candy!!)

Well, it's that time of year again!!

These things are AWESOME !!! My only Candy Weakness!!

If you like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, you will love these!!

All my life my favorite candy had been Reese's “Peanut Butter Cups”, but then a Candy company opened up near where I used to live. They had an little outlet store attached to their big plant, and they sold these things called “Meltaways”. They were good, but they used dark chocolate, and I never was a Dark Chocolate fan. Then a few years ago I did some searching, and came up with a few recipes for “Meltaways”. We did some experimenting with the various recipes, and came up with our own recipe.
Mrs Bear makes these at Christmas, and just about everyone who has eaten any, has asked for the recipe.
We made some yesterday, and I took some pics & wrote it up “Bear Step by Step” style. They are really easy to make!!!

This is All You Need:
1------10 ounce bag of Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers.
1------10 ounce bag of White Chocolate Melting Wafers.
1------16 ounce jar of “Creamy” Peanut Butter.
Mini Paper Liners (at least 70---get 100).
Large Zipper Bag (or better yet---A Candy Making Funnel).
Microwave.

Easy Instructions:
#1----Pour all the wafers and the Peanut Butter into a microwave safe bowl.
#2----Microwave on High for 2 minute intervals until all ingredients are melted.
#3----Stir well with a wooden spoon, until completely combined & smooth.
#4----Pour mixture into heavy zip top bag, close & cut one corner off.
(Better yet get an “Easy-pour Candy Making Funnel”)
#5----Place Mini Paper Baking Cups on a tray.
#6----Squeeze Chocolate mixture into each cup, until about ¾ full.
#7----Place tray into Fridge until set.
#8----Remove from Fridge & enjoy. Store in containers with lids.

Note: I like to keep mine in Fridge. No need to go in Freezer like my Reese's PB Cups.
You can also keep them out, but they will get soft, just like any chocolate candy.
However they hold up well being at room temp' during the length of time of a party.

Let me know how you like these!
Other than Prime Rib, Bacon, and a few other smoked goodies, these are my biggest weakness.

Enjoy,
Bear

What you need:
DSCN0363.jpg

Line up Mini Paper Liners in a tray:
DSCN0364.jpg

Dump all Melting Wafers in mixing bowl, along with Peanut Butter, and Nuke it::
DSCN0365.jpg

Stir melted mixture until blended & very smooth:
DSCN0366.jpg

Pour mixture into Mini Paper Liners:
DSCN0367.jpg

All filled:
DSCN0370.jpg

Put tray in Fridge until melted chocolate sets:
DSCN0372.jpg

Paper pulls off easily and ready to eat:
DSCN0373.jpg

End of Candy Instructions.

Other News:

Mrs Bear's Happy, now that Tree is up:
DSCN0375.jpg

Closer Look:
DSCN0376.jpg

Birds are Happy too, as it snows like Crazy:
DSCN0359.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Bear & Mrs. Bear. While not a huge PB fan myself I've been known to choke down a Reese's PB cup or 4...LOL. GF loves them so will do this after Christmas probably. Nice feeder...glad to see you taking care of the birds in winter. Have had some snow here, unusual for the Valley floor, and quite colder than normal so been feeding birds as well. They love that chicken scratch....LMAO.....50# bag almost gone in a week or so......Have a wonderful Christmas Willie

I always enjoy your posts and pictures.  Going to try this candy recipe as I love PB cups.
Thanks Bear!!!

Since you like PB cups, you won't believe how good these are. I'd have to say at least 3X better than my old favorite Reese's !!!

Let me know what you think.

Bear

Are you taking orders Bear? Those look perfect!
Thank You Solar!!

Try a batch--You'll love them!

Good to see ya!!

Bear

Thanks Bear & Mrs. Bear. While not a huge PB fan myself I've been known to choke down a Reese's PB cup or 4...LOL. GF loves them so will do this after Christmas probably. Nice feeder...glad to see you taking care of the birds in winter. Have had some snow here, unusual for the Valley floor, and quite colder than normal so been feeding birds as well. They love that chicken scratch....LMAO.....50# bag almost gone in a week or so......Have a wonderful Christmas Willie
Thanks Willie!!

You'll both love these!!!

That feeder is electrified---Causes Squirrels to do back-flips & also keeps Raccoons away.

Our birds are spoiled. All we give them is "Oil Seeds".

If we buy the mix, they throw everything on the ground to get to the sunflower seeds. Then the Chipmunks eat the stuff on the ground.

Bear

Thanks Bear Wife made them last nite AWESOME!!!!! GREAT TREE Merry Christmas to your family Thanks ADO
That's great !!!

I knew you'd like them!! So many people think I'm exaggerating when I say how good these things are.

And a Merry Christmas to you & yours, too!!

Bear

Those sound excellent! I will be trying them as a treat at work for Christmas morning. But I will use the dark chocolate!

Mike

Mrs SOB just made a batch of these, but she used Dark chocolate wafers. Those are for her. Next batch will be with milk chocolate.

|YUM YUM YUM |!!|!|

SOB
Hey Buddy!!   Good to see ya!!

Our Son is the only one in my family who likes Dark Chocolate.

He comes in handy when we get a gift box of mixed chocolates.

They say Dark Chocolate is better for you, but just about everything is.
biggrin.gif

Bear
We are going to try these.
drool.gif
:
You'll love them!!

Bear

Those sound excellent! I will be trying them as a treat at work for Christmas morning. But I will use the dark chocolate!

Mike
They should be great too!!

I have never been a fan of Dark Chocolate.

Bear

I HAVE AN UPDATE!

THESE THINGS ARE AWFUL!.....................

AWFUL DAMN GOOD!!!!!

Gotta say thankyou to Mrs Bearcarver for me!

SOB
Thanks SOB !!!

Mrs Bear says "You are very welcome!"

Bear

Bear, they are in the fridge now. (licked the mixing bowl clean!) Can't wait to try the finished product!

Mike
LOL---Another bowl licker!!

Bear
Thanks Bear, I made these this morning. They are fantastic.
That's Great !!  Glad you like them!!

Thanks for the report !!

Bear

Picked up the ingredients and mini-cups for these today.  Will be making them tomorrow.  Wife said to use dark chocolate since we have a lot of Nestles chips in the pantry.   If anybody thinks that is a mistake please let me know (and soon
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks Bear!

Last edited:
this things look greattttttt... but remember everybody... "A MOMENT ON THE LIPS..... EQUALS A LIFETIME ON THE HIPS" .... :biggrin: Merry Christmas

Well I tried them. A+++++

I used a jerky shooter tube with round tip. Worked good.

Got the wrong size of all items. But converted measurements to use all the chocolate.
I think my papers were not the mini. So hurt the count even though I got the 12oz bags.

Thank you for your great posts and pics Bear!!!! Thanks to Mrs Bear also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky