Peach Habanero Glazed Pork Chop

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Peach Habanero Glazed bone in Pork Chop with Mexican Street Corn and grilled potatoes.

20210502_174444.jpg

Okay Okay.. this my last play on WaterRat WaterRat 's Blackberry Habanero Glaze.

This version is made with Peach Bourbon and still 3 habaneros. I don't know if it's the bourbon vs the wine.. but this is the first one that's really thickened up and felt like a real glaze to me. It definitely pairs well with the pork..

The elote or Mexican Street Corn seems like an odd pairing... grilling is grilling!!

Grilled baby potatoes - rubbed with olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Grilled for 25 min ish (started first)

Wow kc that's a great looking plate ! Love the char/glaze on that chop and the corn also looks amazing !

Thank you! The peach preserves helped with that char and the corn is now added to the regular rotation! First time making it but definitely not the last!

That looks and sounds so good.

Habenero and peach are two flavors that go very well together.A local bar here does something similar but with chicken and its more a sauce than a glaze but damn good.

Reactions: kilo charlie
That looks and sounds so good.

Habenero and peach are two flavors that go very well together.A local bar here does something similar but with chicken and its more a sauce than a glaze but damn good.

Thank you !

This one thickened up quite nicely and stuck to the pork fairly well... I'm definitely making this one again.. The original idea from WaterRat WaterRat was Blackberry and Habanero. After duplicating that one I tried a Cherry Habanero version that was tasty as heck.. just didn't thicken up as much as this Peach version did

Is the peach/habanero spicy?

No.. they balance each other out.. the spicy and the sweet.. I don't like making things that burn off your taste buds.. I like making things that taste amazing.

You can adjust the heat by adding or subtracting Habaneros but 3 seems to be the magic number for me.

Reactions: Ooaaronoo
No.. they balance each other out.. the spicy and the sweet.. I don't like making things that burn off your taste buds.. I like making things that taste amazing.

You can adjust the heat by adding or subtracting Habaneros but 3 seems to be the magic number for me.
Thanks ill have to try it

Thanks ill have to try it
Post up pics when you do! It'll work on all kinds of pork cuts not just pork loins.

I've also made a blackberry habanero, a cherry habanero and my favorite so far is pineapple habanero all on pork tenderloins.

Post up pics when you do! It'll work on all kinds of pork cuts not just pork loins.

I've also made a blackberry habanero, a cherry habanero and my favorite so far is pineapple habanero all on pork tenderloins.
Owwww.. now the pineapple sounding better than peach. The wife is very interested now. Will post pics, probably do peach and pineapple.

Last edited:
If you use the search function, you can search pineapple and posted by my username to get the recipes

I haven't made porkchops in maybe 10 yrs. Kinda excited. Finding pineapple bourbon might be a little tricky and need to get online. But thanks again

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky