Peach Galette in the WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

justpassingthru

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 7, 2009
Pamatai, Tahiti
Ever since OUFAN asked about smoked peach cobbler the wheels have been turning in my head, I was in the store this week and they had fresh peaches, I bought 3, but when I cut into them they were too green to be any good, so I went cruising in the canned fruit aisle and found some Del Monte "Lite" sliced peaches.

I decided to try a little French flare and made a puff pastry, drained the peaches reserving 2 T of the juice, mixed in 1T flour, 3T Blue Agave sweetener and 1/4t pumpkin pie spice, chilled the puff pastry for an hour, rolled it out in a circle, spread on some almond paste, placed the peach slices on top, folded the sides over and poured the juice, spice, flour, sweetner mixture over the peaches.

So, in answer to his question, yes you can smoke a peach galette in a smoker.

cabb618c_PeachGalette002.jpg

It ain't as purty as a French Chef's, but it sure was good.

c789b1c2_PeachGalette004.jpg

d5ff8449_PeachGalette006.jpg

My dessert.

54b1848d_PeachGalette008.jpg

I smoked it at 300° for 1 1/2 hours.

Thanks for looking and thank you OUFAN for the inspiration/stimulation, ...next up is a blackberry galette,

Gene

That looks Great, Gene!!

What kind of smoke did you use?

And was the smoke flavor very noticeable?

Thanks Gene!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky