Patio Breakfast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
After a rigorous twenty minutes of blowing off the front and back lawns I'd worked up quite an appetite. I fired up the BS flattop on the backyard patio and got busy. First on was two 6oz sausage patties
DSCN2088.JPG

Right after the flip on went the French toast
DSCN2089.JPG

Things don't take much time on the flattop, all buttered up and just about ready
DSCN2090.JPG

Breakfast is served!
DSCN2091.JPG

Just another beautiful 95º morning here in Gilbert, ceiling fans whirring away, French toast and sausage. I know, it's not easy, but it needed to get done! Thanks for lookin' in. RAY

Oh Yeah!!!
I could go for that as my Breakfast Anytime!!!
One of the things I like about Maple Syrup, is It's just fine if it gets on your Bacon or Sausage.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: sawhorseray
Oh Yeah!!! I could go for that as my Breakfast Anytime!!! One of the things I like about Maple Syrup, is It's just fine if it gets on your Bacon or Sausage. Nice Job! Like. Bear

Thanks Bear, I actually require the syrup getting on my sausage and bacon! Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: Bearcarver
looks great Ray, ya must have had a jacket on for that 95 isn't that little on the chilly side for some of those temps your reaching.

That looks great . Good no matter what time of day it is . Had some bourbon barrel maple syrup . Pricey but worth it .

Oooo, that sounds real nice Rich! I go with anything that says 100% pure and Grade A on the label. Thanks for the Like Rich, I do appreciate it. RAY

Nice looking breakfast to me. Warren

Thanks Warren, it surely hit the spot! Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Looks like a great breakfast Ray! That maple syrup goes good with the sausage too! Like!

Thanks Joe! I'd been craving sausage for awhile, plan to make ten pounds of maple breakfast patties in a week or so. Thanks for the Like Joe, much appreciated. RAY

Fine lookin' meal there amigo! And I also love maple syrup on the sausage/bacon.... LIKE! John

Gracias por las amables palabras mi amigo, les agradezco mucho. RAY

Great breakfast. I going to get some sugar free syrup today so I can make some this weekend with zero carb bread. Oh joy! Bet yours better!

Thanks Brian! I had breakfast at a friends cabin last year where he had some of that syrup, he's diabetic. It wasn't bad at all. RAY

looks great Ray, ya must have had a jacket on for that 95 isn't that little on the chilly side for some of those temps your reaching.

The heat from cooking over the flattop had me feeling fairly normal Jim, thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Fine looking breakfast, but I’d have to take a nap after that! Al

Thanks Al, that's what the pool is for! Eating when it's that hot I just broke a little head-sweat right at he end. My wife came and took my dishes away, Bob and I just jumped right into the pool. Thanks for the Like Al, I do appreciate it. RAY

Great looking breakfast Ray! I would have washed that down with a beer and gone back to bed.

Thanks John! Beer just doesn't work for me with maple syrup. If I'd have had some OJ in the fridge a screwdriver might have been a fine option, tho someone might have been giving me a bad look that early in the morning. It's not like the old day when a cowboy breakfast was a Camel cigarette and a shot of Jack. Thank you for the Like John, it's very much appreciated. RAY

Good looking breakfast Ray! Did Bob get to lick the plate? He could wash his whiskers off in the pool! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

Good looking breakfast Ray! Did Bob get to lick the plate? He could wash his whiskers off in the pool! :emoji_laughing: Ryan

Of course Bob gets to lick the plate Ryan, he's a good boy and shows good manners by sitting patiently and waiting without being pushy. My last dog was a chocolate lab that'd stare and drool all over, she was such a pig, old Booboo dog. One of her traits was every time she saw a body of water she'd walk in up to her belly and then pinch off a poop. She wouldn't have done well with a pool. Thanks for the Like Ryan, much appreciated. RAY

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I could eat a breakfast like that everyday. Love French toast ( I put a dash of cinnamon in occasionally).
Very easy to do also. . .

Lookin' real good Ray! Love syrup on my sausage or bacon too. I remember what you call a "Cowboy" breakfast. We up north called it an "Eye opener" back in the old days lol. Big like.
Glad it "cooled" off to a balmy 95. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Of course Bob gets to lick the plate Ryan, he's a good boy and shows good manners by sitting patiently and waiting without being pushy. My last dog was a chocolate lab that'd stare and drool all over, she was such a pig, old Booboo dog. One of her traits was every time she saw a body of water she'd walk in up to her belly and then pinch off a poop. She wouldn't have done well with a pool. Thanks for the Like Ryan, much appreciated. RAY

LOL---You just brought back memories, Ray!!
Our last dog was a mix, but almost all Black Lab. When Mrs Bear would eat at the table he'd lay his chin on her thigh, and drool. When she was finished eating, her jeans were soaked from the knee to half-way to her hip.
When I would eat in my living room, while watching the News on TV, Shadow knew he wasn't allowed to even watch me, because it would cause him to have a big Drool string hanging from his chin. So he'd peek around the corner watching me. I'd see him out the corner of my eye, and I'd snap my head around and look at him. He'd realize he got caught, and he'd back up around the corner, Nonchalantly. Then a minute or two later, I'd hear his toenails clicking on the hardwood, and I'd see him out the corner of my eye again. So I'd snap my head around and look at him again, and he'd back up again. We'd play this game the whole time I was eating, and when I was finished, I get up, and he knew I always saved him some of my Supper, so he'd do his celebration dance & follow me to his dish, where I deposited his portion of my Supper. Had him 12 1/2 years, and we miss him dearly!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky