Pastured Berkshire Culatello 2021 Second Winter Fog...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I went ahead and took my spare humidity controller along with a small humidifier that was in my small accelerated drying chamber, and hooked it up. Put the humidifier in the ferment can; set the controller to shut off at 78%RH, turn on at 77%RH. the overshoot puts it round 80.5% before falling. I also put a sheet over the can and cracked the lid for just a little air exchange. Will leave it here for about a month or so. The temp. in that area of the house is right at 71*F so perfect...right at 21*C.

Just an Update...
This Culatello is now 1 year old... has reached 37.5% weight loss as of today. Summer secondary fermentation will be done Nov. 11th; then transfer to my new chamber until April2023 at the earliest. The smell though!!! WOW!!! Sweet and strong!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky