Pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

themandlj32

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 27, 2014
Cheyenne Wyoming
Seems like everyone is doing pastrami now days. I started this a week and a half ago.
Pic of one or the flats I made pastrami out of.
Spice brine. Little kosher salt, pepper, coriander, red chill flakes, brown suger, water, mustard seed.
Meat in the brine vac sealed, thrown in fridge for 7 days. I pulled out of the fridge risened off the meat and rubbed dowm with a spice blend. Sorry i didnt get a pic.
Use a hickory and apple wood blend and smoked till internal temp hit 150. Placed in foil pan covered and stramed till internal temp hit 200. Here is the end result.

Had to try it. Lol after a taste test grabbed the meat slicer cut it thin and vac sealed. Hope you all enjoy.

Nothing better than homemade
icon_exclaim.gif

Glad you enjoyed it , lets see more . ..
yahoo.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky