Pastrami from the begining, update It's finally done!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tomorrow will be 7 days, but I think I will let it stay in the brine until Friday.

OK AL, I'm waiting! I'm getting nervous, because another thread showed a man's brisket done in 5 hours on a UDS, and he is worried it is burnt. (on roll call:Hello)

I watched Jeff's how to smoke ribs vid, and he is using a char-broil similar to mine.

What equipment are you gonna use?

I am gonna qview mine on Sat-Sun.

I'll be watching..

Mike

Last edited:
OK AL, I'm waiting! I'm getting nervous, because another thread showed a man's brisket done in 5 hours on a UDS, and he is worried it is burnt. (on roll call:Hello)

I watched Jeff's how to smoke ribs vid, and he is using a char-broil similar to mine.

What equipment are you gonna use?

I am gonna qview mine on Sat-Sun.

I'll be watching..

Mike

I'm smoking it on a WSM, the plan is to put it on Fri. night & let it go all night at 220-225. Then check it in the morning & see where we are at. I've never had one finish in less than 10 hours and had some go 17 hours.

I'm gonna do two approximately 5 lbs each. Thinking of putting it on around Sunday 5am.

It's all an experiment this time around on the Char-broil offset .
icon_question.gif

Hoping for 2pm Sunday.

Al, I am still watching here in solemn silence, can't wait to see how this stuff looks, only thing better would be to taste some of it?  Will continue to look South for the smoke to start rising! Keep up the good work Al.

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Day 8, I'm getting itchy & want to pull it out & get it ready to smoke. Hopefully, I'll pull it out in the morning tomorrow. Soak it for a couple of hours, get it rubbed down & back in the fridge till tomorrow night. Then the smoke will roll!

Are we there yet!?!?

Looking forward to the news!

Day 8, I'm getting itchy & want to pull it out & get it ready to smoke. Hopefully, I'll pull it out in the morning tomorrow. Soak it for a couple of hours, get it rubbed down & back in the fridge till tomorrow night. Then the smoke will roll!

After all the wait, I sure hope this turns out good. You guys are making me nervous!    
pot.gif

Oh man. Pastrami brings back so many good memories. A true comfort food. What's your favorite way to eat? I love pastrami on rye!

Even if it doesn't, just lie and tell us how great it was. At this point we couldn't handle the disappointment. The whole forum would implode, creating a big black hole in the internet!!!
biggrin.gif

Oh man. Pastrami brings back so many good memories. A true comfort food. What's your favorite way to eat? I love pastrami on rye!

Yea on rye. I used to put mustard on it, but since I've been smoking them myself I just put a little butter on the rye so you can really taste the pastrami.

Welcome svirgula.

I am glad you asked. Watch for this on Sat-Sun. Toasted french bread, a heap of moist mesquite smoked pastrami, smoked provelone cheese, carmelized onions, and a tart red cabbage cole slaw to top it off!! 
439.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky