Pastrami from the begining, update It's finally done!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
come on!! its noon somewhere 
drool.gif

I am REALLY glad I, somehow, didn't read this thread until today. I am sure you guys are ready for the Qview, I know I am and I just showed up at the party. Al the pictures look fantastic so far! It is gonna be great, can't wait to try this myself.

Here it is. It really turned out good. The store bought corned beef point didn't have the flavor that the one's we brined did. Despite all the time & trouble I would do this again in a heartbeat. Just not next week maybe. Here's a shot of all 3 sliced into.

a82063dd_3-9-11brisket11.jpg

Had to split a sammie with Judy, before we sliced it all up.

4f2ed5a9_3-9-11brisket12.jpg

Sliced the rest up, ready for the foodsaver bags. Keep enough out for sammies for the next couple of days.

31aa02e0_3-9-11brisket13.jpg

I want to apologize to all you guys for starting this thread and having it drag on for such a long time. Next time I do something like this I will just do it first, then post the whole episode at once. Thank you all for following this & special thanks to bbally for his advice. Uncle_lar, you too for the cure recipe & advice. I think we are all glad this is finally over. All you guys are the greatest!!

Hey Al,

I hate to tell you this, but it was well worth the wait !

That is really some beautiful meat there, buddy!

Sweet looking sammy too!

Thanks for the loooooong ride,

Bear

and congrats to you Al, for taking the time to share your expereince with us!

I am so glad it turned out for you. I love that brine recipe and use it all the time

now ya have to try it on Turkey breast and make some turkey pastrami!

glad I could help. and next time I get to florida to vist the daugther Im going to

look you up !
icon14.gif

and congrats to you Al, for taking the time to share your expereince with us!

I am so glad it turned out for you. I love that brine recipe and use it all the time

now ya have to try it on Turkey breast and make some turkey pastrami!

glad I could help. and next time I get to florida to vist the daugther Im going to

look you up !
icon14.gif

Any time Man, the door is always open & the fridge is always full of beer!

Looks great Al! Glad too see it came out so well. I'm gettin ready to put mine in the smoker in a little bit. I hope it comes out as nice..

That is awesome Al!  Congratulations on this labor of love. 

I just noticed this thread has 150 replies.  This has to be some kind of record for a thread that was started just a few days ago.

congratulation_graphics_2.gif

That is awesome Al!  Congratulations on this labor of love. 

I just noticed this thread has 150 replies.  This has to be some kind of record for a thread that was started just a few days ago.

congratulation_graphics_2.gif
Thanks Jay, If it wasn't for you teaching me how to make pastrami a couple of years ago, this thread wouldn't be here.

Al, that Pastrami looks sooo good, and there's no need to apologize for the long thread, we have no idea how many lurkers and newbies will be aided by your experience (that's one of the reasons we share our smokes, isn't it), ...and the fact that despite the hassle you would do it again is a smoker load of wisdom for the rest of us that were contemplating it.

Gene

Al ,Well worth the wait,,,,, and all the catch up reading I had to do since I've been gone for the last few days.  Awesome bark you got there !
Thanks, Mike. Hope you didn't fall asleep reading all this.

Al, that Pastrami looks sooo good, and there's no need to apologize for the long thread, we have no idea how many lurkers and newbies will be aided by your experience (that's one of the reasons we share our smokes, isn't it), ...and the fact that despite the hassle you would do it again is a smoker load of wisdom for the rest of us that were contemplating it.

Gene
Thanks, Gene

drool.gif
drool.gif

Wow Al, just wow!!! That looks fantastic. Congrats on a job well done. 

It was definitely worth the wait. It was your thread that inspired me to get a couple of corned beef briskies and attempt to make some pastrami. Now I'm going to get some raw brisket and try it from the beginning.

Once again, congratulations my friend.

REALLY ???? 11 days worth of temptation, 159 posts of anxiety stricken patienceless readers and we get 3 whole pictures of the finished goods??? I want pics of you slicing, building the sammie, eating it, wiping it from your very very blessed LIPSSSSS!!!!

Ok I'm done..brb gotta go buy another brisket...

Al, Great looking strami!!  I have 5 in the freezer right now. I do believe your recipe is the one I will try. If it looks good, and the reviews are good, do it exactly the same.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky