Pastrami Egg and Cheese Sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
I used some leftover Pastrami from last night's cook Pastrami Loaf to make a nice breakfast sandwich.

Not much to be said here...

Buttered toasted everything bagel

Heat up some Pastrami, add sliced swiss. Cover to steam and melt. Place on a bagel, top with a fried egg and enjoy.

IMG_3997.jpg

A good post Super Bowl hangover breakfast...not that I'm hungover, just hungry.

IMG_3998.jpg

Dammit man!! First the pastrami and now this. I just put about 40 pounds of meat down to cure a few days ago and now you have me wanting to do corned beef and/or pastrami. That sammie looks fantastic!!

Wasn't hungry till now,
Robert

Reactions: JC in GB
You had me at pastrami... :emoji_yum:

JC :emoji_cat:

Thanks JC! I'd do some crazy stuff for pastrami too, like those old Klondike ice cream bar commercials.

Dammit man!! First the pastrami and now this. I just put about 40 pounds of meat down to cure a few days ago and now you have me wanting to do corned beef and/or pastrami. That sammie looks fantastic!!

Wasn't hungry till now,
Robert

Thank you Robert! It sure was good, very filling too. Couldn't even finish it...well I ate the meat, cheese and egg but couldn't finish the bagel.

That is a over the top bagel sammie there! Point!

Thanks Steve it sure was good. This should be NY's state breakfast sandwich. New Jersey has the pork roll.

Awesome good even if your not hungover.

Warren

Thank you Warren, only had one beer last night but woke up with quite the appetite.

Oh wow - that looks fantastic!

Thanks DN!

Damn that looks good Joe. I could eat that for breakfast everyday!

Thanks John! It was quite filling, didn't eat again until 3pm.

I used some leftover Pastrami from last night's cook Pastrami Loaf to make a nice breakfast sandwich.

Not much to be said here...

Buttered toasted everything bagel

Heat up some Pastrami, add sliced swiss. Cover to steam and melt. Place on a bagel, top with a fried egg and enjoy.

View attachment 431069

A good post Super Bowl hangover breakfast...not that I'm hungover, just hungry.

View attachment 431068
That is a top sammie for sure. I used to get it at this awesome deli with some legit pastrami in Philly. Try it on Challah bread too!

Man your pastrami is beautiful!!On that sandwich it’s money!! I really need to do pastrami again sometime. Right now both refrigerators are so full with twice a month shipping I have no room to cure meat

Reactions: xray
Man your pastrami is beautiful!!On that sandwich it’s money!! I really need to do pastrami again sometime. Right now both refrigerators are so full with twice a month shipping I have no room to cure meat

Thanks Jeff, forgot to respond to this one. I sure like making pastrami and keeping it on hand in the freezer. I have a store bought flat I bought after St. Pattys Day on sale. Good thing about it is it keeps in the fridge for a few months.

I also did another bagel sandwich from theEaster Ham. This was a bit more messy but delicious!

Leftover ham, gouda cheese and an egg. The bagel was plain but I added “Everything bagel seasoning” to it.
6F796F49-6BCB-4E3C-8856-1634E030CE9F.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky