More Easter Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
This was the first Easter my wife and I didn't go anywhere due to the quarantine. Usually Easter is spent at family and inlaws. So since we were by ourselves, we made our own dinner and we also fixed up a couple of big plates to take over to the neighbors so they could enjoy it too.

A lot of people make ham today so I'll keep it short and sweet.

8.5lb Spiral sliced ham. I used just a light smattering of rub.
IMG_4470.jpg

Smoked with hickory, just brushed on Maple Dijon Glaze in this picture. Underneath is a quart of chicken broth. I added more water towards the end of the cook.
IMG_4472.jpg

Ham pulled from the smoker at 140F
IMG_4475.jpg

Ham drippings strained from the smoker and mixed with a cornstartch slurry to make a gravy.
IMG_4474.jpg

Homemade scalloped potatoes are ready.
IMG_4471.jpg

Our Easter dinner plate.
IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

Homemade Key Lime pie for dessert.
IMG_4482.jpg

Thanks for looking and Happy Easter,

Joe

Joe that ham is GORGEOUS!! The whole plate looks tasty. I think you know the key lime pie makes me wanna lick the screen. I have to add key lime juice to my Kroger order since I fully intend to do some kind of key lime Keto pie or cheesecake next week.

Reactions: xray
Your plate looks almost identical to mine, but you win with the Key Lime Pie. Nicely done. I love that you took some to the neighbors, too.

Thanks Bert! No winners here, especially since most of people's Easter plans have been altered. The key lime pie is great, a definite favorite of mine.

The neighbors were pleasantly surprised! They had no plans for Easter and were stuck inside because they have a 1 year old. They texted back while we were eating our dinner (I prepared their plates first) that they loved everything, so I was happy.

That is an incredibly fine looking ham there. That dessert is A+ as well!

Thank you Jcap! Everything came out excellent. I missed the traditional Easter dinner with family, but this was great!

Joe that ham is GORGEOUS!! The whole plate looks tasty. I think you know the key lime pie makes me wanna lick the screen. I have to add key lime juice to my Kroger order since I fully intend to do some kind of key lime Keto pie or cheesecake next week.

Thanks Jeff! I was like "damn!" when I opened that smoker door for the first time. Everything was excellent.

You probably are aware of my obession with key lime pie. It will be interesting to see you turn it into a keto masterpiece, decoration, garnish and all!

I pretty much have to agree with Jake. That's about the best looking ham I've seen. Just beautiful and that whole plate is off the charts. I'd be all over a platter full of that!! Great job on the meal but kudos for taking care of the neighbors. A bunch of folks could use neighbors like you who are just genuinely good people and selfless in their mindset: thinking of others first.

Robert

Joe that is one fine lookin' ham there buddy!

Like!

John

Thanks John! It's a beauty!!

Hell yeah man! That ham is money! Beautiful color. I cooked one very similar to this and a key lime pie yesterday too!

Thanks John! Well let's see it! Some of us don't have all day.

I pretty much have to agree with Jake. That's about the best looking ham I've seen. Just beautiful and that whole plate is off the charts. I'd be all over a platter full of that!! Great job on the meal but kudos for taking care of the neighbors. A bunch of folks could use neighbors like you who are just genuinely good people and selfless in their mindset: thinking of others first.

Robert

Thank you Robert! I knew I was in for a treat. I'm really a fan of making the ham gravy with the drippings.

Thanks for the kind words about the neighbors. I told the neighbor the other day I planned to do a ham, so i'll bring leftovers. I don't think they realized I was giving them a fresh plate and a ton of food.

That is a meal fit for a King!!
Looks DELICIOUS!!
Al

Thanks Al! We really enjoyed it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky