Partyq or digiq?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawtsauc3

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 27, 2016
since my life seems to be getting busier it’s harder to setup for 6+ hour smokes on the wsm so I’m wondering which controller I should go with.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
I have the DigiQ. I pretty much only use it only on overnight smokes. I'll set my vents for 225-235F, let it stabilize, then turn on the DigiQ at 220F and the slide about 1/4-1/3 open. It catches any temp drops and doesn't over-stoke the fire. I sleep and don't worry at all.

The in the morning I open all the vents and crank up the DigiQ for a hot n fast finish.

It kind of reminds me of a long road trip where someone else is driving and I'm sleeping. I wake up and we're almost there!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky