Particles on smoke grate

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Paulie Walnuts 440

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 17, 2020
I noticed on the bottom and top grates inside the wood smoker there were what looked like actually small pieces of wood particles unburnt on the grates and i have no idea why?

Yeah I’m curious to see the pics too

I ended up cleaning it off i believe I had fresh wood on that caught fire a bit but I think I choked it off too soon and a lot of white smoke dirty fire and think maybe not fully burnt wood

Ash wood produces a lot of white ash. I’ve had people give me ash that they thought was hickory. It works but definitely a lot of ash. Guessing that’s where the name came from.

OK... I've seen that with elm but also the meat taste like krap from elm... I did use it once... horrible flavor to the meat....

There is the wood particles on the grates..i wonder if it's because I'll blow in there to get some of the log splits fired up quicker

Attachments

• 20200721_195446.jpg
    20200721_195446.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200721_195456.jpg
    20200721_195456.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 6
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky