Parkay on ribs. A blind taste test.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ever had a good steak come with a pat of butter on it. Better yet some compound butter like herbs and garlic? Same idea to me. A way to finsh, add a little extra flavor, maybe a smother mouth feel, and some shine.

May try some compound butter next rack. Something complementary to the rub like garlic, cayenne, and some freah thyme or parsley (my rubs have some dried herbs in them).

Well it certainly sounds like I am not the only one trying this. I just gave it a shot because I am looking into getting into competitions soon and this seems to be one of the "tricks of the trade." I guess we will see where it goes from here.

I have done a garlic herbed butter on a steak right off the grill. GOOD STUFF.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
I suppose this is kind of the same concept.

Not quite 10 lbs. But still a monster.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=88916

Wutang
Nice job on the cook! I have come very close to the Trigg method. I think most leave alot out o how he does it. B sugar, honey and parky is only one step he takes. I don't know what rub he uses "i use my own". The "Tiger sauce" he uses along with the parky etc is often a missed ingredient. It made a world of difference "to me" and added another flavor profile.

Good point. I wasn't trying to replicate the Trigg ribs exactly. I just wanted to try and determine what difference the parkay made by itself so it was the only thing I changed from what had become my normal procedure. But you are right...I will need to do some tweaking before I have ribs that are ready for competition.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky