Pandemic Dogs (All Beef)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Pandemic Dogs (All Beef)

No these aren’t my favorite “Berks” Quarter Pounders, because they’re hard to find.

The Quarter Pound Berks Dogs are not sold anywhere
within 30 miles of here, that I know of.
So whenever I'd have the urge for a Quarter Pound Berks Dog, I would go to "Wawa" for a pair of them.
However last week an Employee of Our Local "Wawa" tested Positive for Coronavirus, so that Wawa shut down completely.
We won't be eating out or getting take-out anyway, as long as this crap is Killing people by the Thousands.

So we'll have to keep our eating habits confined to the "Bear Den".

These are “Oscar Mayer All Beef”, and they are my second favorite.

So The first thing I like to do is Toast my Doggy Buns.
Then this time I put my usual little cuts in them & Fried them up in a Pan.
Then I put some Yellow Hot Dog Relish & Yellow Mustard on the Rolls, and drop a Dog in Each Bun.
Some Hot Baked Beans & some Olives go nice on the side of a couple Doggies!!

The Second night a Lone Hot Dog of the same had to take care of me, as only one was left.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

A couple of Hot Dog Buns fresh out of my Toaster:
IMG_4894.jpg

Hot Dog Relish & Yellow Mustard on the Buns:
IMG_4895.jpg

Two Dogs, Hot Baked Beans & Olives on the side:
IMG_4896.jpg

Second Night, same thing, but only one Dog Left:
IMG_4897.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome Bear! Can’t beat a good hot dog!

When news first broke of the pandemic, the first item on my grocery list where Nathans hotdogs. I figured I’d eat them like a pregnant lady if I was locked down.

Sadly, I couldn’t find any. Yours look delicious though, especially with the beans and olives on the side.

Decent dogs are hard to come by here.People snap'em up right quick as soon as they hit the shelves.

Soon as I saw this thread it got me wanting a good dog.I do have 4 Saugies in the freezer but I got save them for when things get really desperate.We do have a small local market here that has no big crowds at all so I might venture out and see what they have.

Nothing like a good basic dog.

Those Oscar's are some good dogs . My number 2 also . Hotdog dipped in baked beans ,,, don't get to close , you'll lose a finger .
Yellow mustard and relish ,, yum .
Nice eating in ,,,

That put me over the top,I have chili in the freezer.Guess I'm breaking out the Saugies now!
Yeah a lot of stuff like hot dogs, balogna, chicken and 70/30 ground beef go quick. A lot of folks are having to watch their pennies. I still have a few beef brats and as long as I can get chuck I can make more.

Funny seeing this now. I actually just lit some coals and will be making spiral cut Oscar Mayer beef dogs for lunch. Some might say this is a waste of charcoal, but some crispy hot dogs sound good right now.

Reactions: SmokyMose
Looks awesome Bear! Can’t beat a good hot dog!

When news first broke of the pandemic, the first item on my grocery list where Nathans hotdogs. I figured I’d eat them like a pregnant lady if I was locked down.

Sadly, I couldn’t find any. Yours look delicious though, especially with the beans and olives on the side.

Thank You Joe!!
And Thanks for the Like>

Bear

Decent dogs are hard to come by here.People snap'em up right quick as soon as they hit the shelves.

Soon as I saw this thread it got me wanting a good dog.I do have 4 Saugies in the freezer but I got save them for when things get really desperate.We do have a small local market here that has no big crowds at all so I might venture out and see what they have.

Nothing like a good basic dog.

Thank You Norm!!
Be Careful out there!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Just shove a bamboo skewer through the center of the dog and then make your spiral cuts. The skewer prevents totally cutting through the dog. It exposes more of the dog and gives more of the crispy bits that are so good.
I think I have some bamboo skewers around here somewhere. All I need now is the dogs. Planning to get out Thursday. Maybe I can get some cause I gotta try this :-)
Ever heard of Hasselback Potatoes? Kind of along the same line...

I think I have some bamboo skewers around here somewhere. All I need now is the dogs. Planning to get out Thursday. Maybe I can get some cause I gotta try this :-)
I've done the spiral cut dogs from Jeff's web site recipe . They're good , fun for younger kids too .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky